4D Write Pro : Say Welcome to Floating Text Boxes!
4D Write Pro is an essential product for creating business documents. That’s why with every feature release, we give you more features to nail your work, and this time, 4D v19 R8 is bringing floating text boxes to 4D Write Pro.
So if you are required to use text boxes, let’s say, to create company letters in compliance with the company identity, you are free to get started right away.
Microsoft 365: Receive Emails with the Microsoft Graph API
To access the data in Microsoft 365 like emails, Microsoft is deprecating Basic authentication for IMAP and POP3 and is increasingly promoting the Graph API.
4D v19 R3 brought the 4D Netkit component to manage the OAuth 2.0 connection and the mail sending through the Graph API.
In the v19 R8, we add new commands to receive emails and list your mailbox folders.
Automatic Row Heights in Collection Based List Boxes
List boxes are the most versatile and customizable form objects. Automatic row heights were already possible for array-based list boxes. With the arrival of 4D v19 R8, this possibility is now extended to list boxes based on collections… and entity selections!
VS Code Extension: Code Completion
A new release, a new VS Code extension feature.
4D v19 R8 brings a new capability to the Visual Studio Code editor through the 4D-Analyzer extension: Say hello to code completion.
4D for Mobile: What’s New in 4D v19 R8
With every release, the list of 4D for iOS and 4D for Android features is growing bigger. And this feature release is no exception. Without further ado, let’s see what 4D v19 R8 has in store for you:
WHAT’S IN IT?
For 4D for Android (already available in 4D for iOS):
- Create a choice list from a table field or a JSON file.
- Use input control with code to retrieve, for example, GPS coordinates or phone numbers in the Contact application.
- Add a section in list form to group data by the company, for example.
- Use a custom login form.
- Improvement of the bottom navigation bar to display more than four tables and follow the Android guideline.
4D v19 R8 Beta Starts Today
And here comes the last feature release of 4D v19!
What could be a better way to kick off the year than getting your hands on a potent set of features this release has to offer 😊
Let’s discover what 4D v19 R8 Beta has in store for you:
- Protect your data from unauthorized users with a robust and fully customizable system by deciding who is accessing the data and which data is accessed.
- Design gorgeous interfaces with the automatic row height feature that is expanded to list boxes based on collections and entity selections.
- Build your own chain or integrate 4D into a continuous integration tool thanks to the new Build4D component.
- Handle errors more effectively with a global error handler — no more error dialog displayed on the server and no more uncaught errors.
- Receive, copy, move, reply and delete emails with the added commands to the 4D Netkit component.
- Create more compliant documents with 4D Write Pro floating text boxes.
- Customize your 4D View Pro tables with over 60 predefined themes, or create one from scratch to suit your needs.
- And much more awaits you with a feature release that goes all out!
Download 4D v19 R8 now (Exclusive to 4D Partners)
4D v19 R7 is Here
4D v19 R7 is OUT with features you’ll surely enjoy using!
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
Download 4D v19 R7 (monthly Hot Fixes available)
- 4D Write Pro got more features. Add report subtotals on each page thanks to the Carry-over rows feature, a new document editing detection feature, and a new display mode, showing formulas as a symbol ⓕ, indicating their presence.
- Reading or adding one or more lines to an existing document (a log file, for instance) can now be done more efficiently than ever using the new file handles objects.
- 4D View Pro comes with new commands allowing you to manage your table columns and rows more efficiently. Combining this new feature with data contexts enables you to design more advanced templates to automatically populate business content with the correct information for every situation.
Tips & Tricks for your 4D Apps – December Edition
by Add Komoncharoensiri, Director of Technical Services at 4D Inc
Here we go with another set of tips and tricks.
The 4D Knowledge Base is a library of information about 4D technology where weekly tech tips and monthly tech notes are actively published. If you missed the last tips on the KB, that’s fine; here is a compilation from the past few weeks.
This blog post covers 20 tips:
Year in Review: Top Five Features From 2022
2022 has had four product releases loaded with the many features you requested.
While it was challenging to pick only 5 features from the ever-growing list of functionalities, we have collated this list of the top features of 2022 based on the positive feedback we’ve received.
These Are Our Top 10 Blog Posts of 2022
2022 has it all!
From 4D Write Pro and its list of capabilities that make it an advanced template-based documents generator to 4D View Pro, which has proven to be more than a spreadsheet solution to a whole new ORDA, programming, and 4D for Mobile features.
And before stepping into the bright horizon of possibilities that 2023 has to offer, let’s take a look at the most viewed posts of 2022 🔥
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy