4D View Pro: Create a Pivot Table from a data table
Pivot tables are among the most valuable features that allow users to swiftly summarize and analyze large quantities of data to see comparisons, patterns, and trends in their data. From the 4D v19, pivot tables are included in 4D View Pro. This blog post reviews how to use a pivot table through the ribbon interface.
Declaring Class Properties
The 4D language is constantly improving. For v20, we bring you a new feature that will ease the use of your classes: declared class properties. Declaring your class properties will significantly improve autocomplete and give you meaningful errors when compiling. Do you want to know more about it? Let me show you how it works!
Logging ORDA Calls on the Server
Since its release, ORDA has grown in popularity and is now widely used on your production servers.
With 4D v20, we provide two improvements on how ORDA requests are logged server-side:
- The first is an improvement of the request log that will now give more information about ORDA calls.
- The second is the addition of a server-side ORDA log similar to the client-side ORDA log. Let me introduce you to these new features.
Tips & Tricks for your 4D Apps – May 2023 Edition
by Add Komoncharoensiri, Director of Technical Services at 4D Inc
Here we go with another set of tips and tricks.
The 4D Knowledge Base is a library of information about 4D technology where weekly tech tips and monthly tech notes are actively published. If you missed the last tips on the KB, that’s fine; here is a compilation from the past few weeks.
This blog post covers 20 tips:
4D Summit 2023. The Ultimate In-Person Experience is Back.
Get ready to be thrilled because the highly anticipated 4D Summit 2023 in Atlanta (3-4 October) and Paris (17-18 October) is just around the corner!
It’s time to enter a world of infinite possibilities as we bring together the vibrant 4D community for an unforgettable in-person experience.
Build an Application with 4D Commands
Since several versions of 4D, different features have been added to create your own build chain. For example,
- the creation of a “.zip” folder,
- the addition of information such as the copyright on an executable or a “dll”,
- the creation of an “info.plist” file,
- and the new build4D component.
With 4D v20, two new features allow finalizing the creation of a standalone or client/server application in 4D code:
- the addition of an icon to an executable
- the generation of the deployment license file for a server (OEM license only) or a standalone application.
Data Explorer Embedded in 4D
Data Explorer allows you to view the data in your database. You can choose which fields to display, organize, filter, and sort the data.
With 4D v20, the Data Explorer can be opened in 4D instead of an external browser. Users can access the Data Explorer directly from the toolbar with just one click, saving time and improving productivity.
4D Write Pro & Text Boxes: docx Import/Export Options
Introduced with 4D v19 R8, text boxes allow you to insert text, tables, images, formulas, and other elements anywhere into your applications. This feature has been improved in v20 to include the ability to export and import these elements from and to docx documents.
In addition, a new export option has been added that is also valid for other document types!
IMAP: Mailbox Id and mail keywords
4D v20 brings two very useful features to IMAP Transporters!
Interacting with some IMAP mail servers and clients requires to manage custom keywords in mails, and benefit from some of their specific features.
We also added the mailbox ID support in our IMAP Transporter so that you can identify a given mailbox even after it is renamed.
Evolution of Form Objects
To allow you to make the most beautiful interfaces, we continue to improve the form objects. Since 4D v19 R6, you can define a rounded border for static text and input text form objects.
With 4D v20, new possibilities are available.
- For buttons, radio buttons, and checkboxes, we have added new settings for the text and the icon.
- For radio buttons and checkboxes, the number of states for the icon has been improved to allow a better rendering for the end user.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy