We’re pleased to announce that the 4D v18 R6 is now available!
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R6!
Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what this feature release has in store for you:
- Build advanced web applications with scalable web sessions.
- Enhance search functionality by turning your iPhone into a barcode scanner, and build ergonomics 4D for iOS apps with many to many relations.
- Speed up the development process and avoid typos thanks to the display of a function’s prototype and short description in the code editor.
- Connect your mail transporters with an OAuth 2.0 token for increased security.
- Use Find and Replace to search for (and replace) data, formulas, or values in the entire sheet or only a specific part, thanks to a new 4D View Pro command.
- Create 4D Write Pro documents faster and easier thanks to the new toolbar and sidebar enhancements.
- And much more (see below).
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R5 is now available!
This feature release includes many functionalities you asked for, starting with a CSS preview in the form editor, to the ability to have 4D View Pro in your native language … just to name a few!
Without further ado, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
Beta testing for 4D v18 R5 is starting today and we couldn’t be more excited!
From ORDA, the Form editor, 4D for iOS, 4D Write Pro, and 4D View Pro, to advanced programming and deployment related-features. This feature release has it all, including a feature that was the highest and fastest voted feature request ever in our feature request forum:
- Beautifying your applications has never been easier thanks to the ability to preview the final CSS rendering in the Form editor.
- Macros are available in the Form editor to help you to get more done in less time!
- ORDA is still bringing new features and this feature release is no exception: shareable entity selections are available and more control over function availability is granted.
- More advanced features are at your disposal, including the ability to name your parameters and results when declaring functions and methods, the ability to debug code running on the server using your client, customized 4D cache for merged 4D server, and 4D clients … just to name a few.
- 4D for iOS has two new advances available: the data synchronization process has been optimized, giving you up to 25 times faster data sync and deep linking to help improve the user experience.
- New IMAP commands are available for search, copy, move and delete. More IMAP features are in our pipeline.
- 4D Write Pro is also packed with new features and 4D View Pro is making writing your code easier with a new command.
- And much more (see below).
I’m very happy to announce that 4D v18 R4 is now available!
4D v18 R4 is one of the best feature releases ever delivered, with 20+ new features added to 4D’s ever-growing list.
From the 4D language that keeps getting better, to new capabilities 4D for iOS offers for building enriched apps, to the implementation of 4D Write Pro features you’ve requested. PLUS a whole new set of 4D View Pro commands to give you further control over your documents.
Without further ado, here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
4D is pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R4.
4D v18 R4 is one of the best Feature Releases ever delivered! I’m so thrilled to share all of the advances we’ve added to the ever-growing list of 4D features.
Without further ado, let’s get a sneak peek at the 20+ new functionalities waiting for you:
- ORDA classes make their first appearance to enable business-oriented code so you can hide complexity, reduce errors, and speed up the development process.
- A CryptoKey class is available to protect the confidentiality of your data, as well as verify the integrity of messages and the authenticity of senders.
- The 4D developer toolkit is bursting with additional features including a new declaration syntax for intuitive autocompletion, easy access by code to the values of form objects, and the ease of developing and debugging server code in project applications … just to name a few.
- More exciting features are included with 4D for iOS for even more engaging apps, more UI possibilities, and more control over access to your app.
- You asked for it, you got it! 4D Write Pro can import and export different document formats via the widget, as well as direct export to PDF while supporting hyperlinks, image size optimization, and more.
- You no longer need a 4D View Pro license to use pro list box features. They’re now FREE!
- 4D View Pro also has a whole new set of commands to give you further control over your documents.
- To make things even better (and simpler), 4D v18 R4 creates new projects by default, while developers – if they choose to do so – can continue to create binary databases via a simple setting.
- And much more (see below).
I’m thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R3 is now available!
4D v18 R3 is one of the most jam-packed feature-releases ever delivered. It also marks the beginning of a very important step in the world of 4D programming with the addition of object-oriented programming.
To whet your appetite, here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
- The 4D language has taken a giant leap with the introduction of classes which allow you to write modular, reusable, and easily maintainable code.
- ORDA is brimming with new advances as well: for example, you don’t need to restart your database in order to have an up-to-date datastore when the structure is updated. Additionally, a single line of code is all you need to select rows for an entity selection.
- 4D Server’s monitoring set has been enhanced with an additional feature so you can get all operations executing beyond a specified time and other useful information.
- The development possibilities have been expanded even further with additional standard actions for the 4D Write Pro interface.
- 4D for iOS provides you 40+ ready-to-use templates. You only need a single click to download them directly from the project editor and get started making the perfect custom app for your needs.
- Run multiple web servers in a single 4D instance, take advantage of new method and components documentation, use an offscreen web area on a headless server, explore the advances we’ve brought to XPath, more options to customize 4D View Pro worksheets, this is all just a glimpse of what’s available in 4D v18 R3 for you.
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R3! So what advances do this feature-release have to offer?
- We strive to evolve the 4D language for a seamless and intuitive coding experience. For this, the 4D language has taken a giant leap with the introduction of Classes.
- Never be at a loss when trying to determine which operation causes a server to be slow. A new command is at your disposal to help you detect operations exceeding a specified duration.
- ORDA also has its shares of features, for example, two new member methods. The first allows you to extract data from an entity selection, and the second enables you to immediately get refreshed data from the server.
- More than 40+ standard actions have been added to the 4D write Pro interface, extending development possibilities even further.
- As for 4D for iOS, 40+ ready-to-use templates are now at your disposal (accessible from the project editor.) A single click is all it takes to install the template of your choice.
- And much more (see below).
We’re pleased to announce that 4D v18 R2 is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
- The Form Editor‘s UX has been greatly enhanced to instantly let you know when views are used and provide many actions to simplify form design (add view, delete a view, select all objects in the view, etc.). The cherry on top? A redesigned layout and flat icons for a fresh overall look.
- Full control over your work area is available to prevent an application’s interface from being covered by the macOS dock/menu or the Windows taskbar. And a list box builder is up and running to simplify your life when building entity selection list boxes.
- 4D Write Pro ships with additional features, for example, managing formulas inside your documents and the ability to delete pictures in a snap.
- What about your 4D View Pro documents? There’s now a whole set of commands to help you add and remove rows and columns, as well as define their size, visibility, and header labels.
- Plus, the first part of a feature to receive emails is accessible, allowing you to locally download emails and remove them from your email server.
And more awaits you.
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R2! So what new features does this R-release have to offer?
- As part of the ongoing development for project databases, the Form Editor‘s UX has been greatly enhanced to instantly let you know if views are used. Plus, many additional actions have been added to simplify form design.
- You asked for a way to prevent an application’s interface from being obscured by the macOS dock/menu or the Windows taskbar, and 4D delivers! Now, you have control of your work area.
- For the first part of feature to receive emails, a new command and several methods are at your disposal to locally download emails and remove them from your email server.
- 4D Write Pro? Managing formulas inside your documents and the ability to delete pictures in a snap are the order of the day.
- What about your 4D View Pro documents? There’s now a whole set of commands to help you… from adding and removing rows and columns, to defining their size, visibility, and header labels.