Wondering how to start using Qodly Studio for 4D? Ayoub Metwalli from Qodly Customer success team gave a great session a few days ago. Time for a replay!
You already know it, 4D revealed Qodly Studio for 4D early september this year. Introduced in 4D v20 R2, Qodly Studio benefits from the Feature Release lifecycle and gets its load of improvements and fixes with 4D v20 R3, currently in beta.
Wondering what’s new in Qodly Studio in this new 4D release? Read what’s next to get ready to use the latest Qodly features in your web app!
Artificial Intelligence rapidly disrupts our daily lives, not only as developers. Most of you, if not all, have already heard about ChatGPT from OpenAI. This post is about a proof-of-concept made with Qodly Studio, in a practical use case: how to use AI to generate credible and realistic datasets for your apps. In other words: how to quickly fill your app with data for you to test it, or to demonstrate it. Get ready!
Apple is about to release macOS Sonoma, and as usual, it is the moment to sum up which 4D release supports which OS version!
Please refer to the table below to gain insights into what you can expect in terms of OS support from our shipped and upcoming 4D versions:
Today, we are excited to announce the availability of Qodly Studio (currently in Developer Preview) to all our Silver Partners (and higher).
Starting is straightforward: open 4D, refresh your 4D Partner licenses, and you’re ready to proceed.
In this blog post, we’ll explain what Qodly Studio is, why it matters, pricing details, and how you can get started.
Last October 2022, 4D introduced a unique feature called Data collection in 4D v19 R6.
Perhaps the best way to understand how we use this is to show you the questions this feature allows us to answer. So after a few months of watching it run, we’re glad to share some of the interesting insights it gives us.
4D v20 is around the corner! In a few weeks, you will be able to get your hands on this wonderful new 4D LTS release. We thought it is the perfect moment to share with you what you can expect in terms of OS support for this new release.
The end of 2022 brings a new macOS version: macOS Ventura (macOS 13) and the 22H2 version for Windows 11. As usual, it is the moment to sum up which 4D release – shipped or upcoming – supports which OS version!
Yet another release, but not just any other release ?
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v19 R4, which incorporates many features you requested, plus features we believe will be delightful to use!
Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what it has in store for you:
- Upon your request, we supported high-resolution displays, such as 4K displays, in Windows. This results in better text and image quality.
- Another highly requested feature is at your disposal, the possibility to launch an external process asynchronously to enhance your users’ experience.
- What about pessimistic lock management via REST? YES, we have that too.
- As for the 4D language, we couldn’t be more excited to share the many improvements we made available with you to elevate your coding experience.
- 4D Write Pro is embracing the dark (mode)! And enabling you to add page breaks inside table rows.
- Speed up your development process with 4D View Pro “templates.”
- The code editor has its share of features. For example, comment tags, quick access to different class functions, and syntax error checking.
- And much more (see below)!
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v19 R3 is now available! One of the richest feature releases we have shipped so far.
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
- Say hello to Computed Attributes in ORDA, Classes, iOS, and Android. Your business logic will love this new feature.
- Speaking of ORDA, blobs are fully supported, just like any other type, enabling ORDA developers to use BLOB type attributes in operations with entities.
- 4D for iOS is released with features allowing to interact with native Apple apps and build even more advanced UI’s.
- As for 4D for Android, we’re giving you a way to test your Android app on an actual device before releasing it to users.
- Enjoy a simplified cross-platform client/server applications building on Windows.
- 4D Write Pro is shipped with an image setting dialog, the possibility to have different numbers of columns on the same page with continuous section breaks, and additional options to manage formula visibility.
- Out-of-the-box security boost with the support of the bcrypt algorithm for passwords. The best bit? There’s nothing to change in the code. Everything is automatic.
- More news for dark mode enthusiasts. After giving end-users a choice between dark and light mode for the appearance of their applications, it is now the turn of developers to choose between these modes during development on macOS.