This blog post extends Ayoub’s ‘Datatable & CRUD operations’ session, focusing on Qodly Studio’s Matrix component.
Serving as a dynamic UI element, Matrix efficiently displays a variety of Stylebox components, finding applications in Product Galleries, News Feeds, and User Profile Showcases.
Beta testing for 4D v20 R4 is starting today!
Let’s explore all the exciting features this release has in store for you:
- Regarding 4D Write Pro, you’ll now have the ability to export to PDF with attachments and create electronic invoices.
- When it comes to programming, we’re elevating your coding experience with a Live Code Checker, a new Try(Expression) keyword for improved error handling, and the introduction of custom date and time formats, among other enhancements.
- And that’s not all — There’s much more waiting for you to explore!
Introducing 4D v20 R3 – Available Now!
Here’s a snapshot of what’s new:
- 4D Write Pro: Unlock the potential of PDF/A format for eco-friendly business transactions. Enhance document readability with named formulas, simplifying templates.
- Enhanced Coding Experience: Bid farewell to repetitive code! Declare and initialize variables in a single line. Simplify method declarations with the “…” symbol for flexibility. Explore the efficiency of the new multiSort() function for data manipulation.
- WebSocket: Customize client headers for better interaction control, transmitting security or application-specific data.
- 4D View Pro: Enjoy improved performance handling larger 4D View Pro documents with a new blob format, storing compressed files in the database without speed compromise.
- Visual Studio Code Extension: Easily access informative descriptions by hovering over commands or classes. Click for comprehensive details, enhancing your coding experience in VSCode thanks to the “Show 4D Documentation” feature.
2023 has had four product releases loaded with the many features you requested.
Despite the difficulty of packing many impressive features into just five selections, we’ve compiled a list of the most notable features in 2023 based on user engagement:
Welcome to another session replay focused on Qodly Studio’s data table! But first, If you’re new to Qodly Studio, make sure to watch our initial video, which provides a comprehensive guide to getting started!
Wondering how to start using Qodly Studio for 4D? Ayoub Metwalli from Qodly Customer success team gave a great session a few days ago. Time for a replay!
We’ve been quite active here at 4D over the past few months. We trust that our release of Qodly Studio in Developer Preview has kept you engaged and busy, and we want to extend our gratitude to all of you who have been testing it.
And now, we are thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v20 R3 … starting today!
Let’s uncover all that this feature release has to offer:
- 4D Write Pro is out with two features that are sure to capture your interest. You can now assign names to formulas to enhance clarity. Plus, export documents in the PDF/A format.
- As for the new programming capabilities, we are improving your coding experience. This includes a one-line variable declaration and initialization, simplified function declarations for any number of parameters, and global stamps for incremental synchronization that is no longer limited to 4D for Mobile but can be applied to multiple scenarios via the 4D REST Server— among other enhancements.
- A new 4D View Pro blob format allows storing compressed documents in your database, providing the same high performance as the .sjs format.
- A new Visual Studio Code extension feature that provides easy access to 4D documentation.
- And that’s not all —Much more awaits you!
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v20 R2 is now available!
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
- 4D Write Pro continues to evolve with impressive updates. You can now seamlessly merge cells in tables, allowing you to create more visually appealing and structured documents. Additionally, the new Table Wizard simplifies the creation of 4D Write Pro documents containing tables, saving you time and effort.
- Regarding error handling, we’re introducing the ‘throw’ command, a powerful addition to the 4D language, to give users more precise feedback when issues arise and implement more effective error logging.
- Visual Studio Code extension comes with additional capabilities. Besides functionalities such as syntax highlighting, Go to Definition, Signature Help, code completion, code folding & indentation, and syntax checking, we’ve added code formatting. This enhancement ensures your code is clean and consistent.
- Say goodbye to delays and hello to a more responsive user experience with the new WebSocket client feature. This feature revolutionizes how users engage with your applications, making them more dynamic and engaging.
- Working with larger files in 4D View Pro is now a breeze with the introduction of the .sjs file format. Designed specifically to address performance challenges.
- Explore the new functionality to send emails via the Gmail API, expanding your communication capabilities. More features will follow to leverage the power of Gmail for your messaging needs.
Apple is about to release macOS Sonoma, and as usual, it is the moment to sum up which 4D release supports which OS version!
Please refer to the table below to gain insights into what you can expect in terms of OS support from our shipped and upcoming 4D versions:
In a previous blog post, we unveiled our newest 4D offering — Qodly Studio (currently in developer preview), a powerful solution that targets full-featured complex business applications. And a set of resources to help you get started.
The good news is that the 4D Summit 2023 is just around the corner. During this event, a Masterclass will showcase how quickly you can move an existing 4D application on the web using Qodly Studio.
You’ll also get the chance to actively engage, ask questions, and have our team, including Marie-Sophie Landrieu, Laurent Ribardière, Thomas Maul, Mathieu Ferry, and others, address any queries you may have regarding Qodly Studio and beyond!
During the Masterclass, Marie-Sophie will provide live training, showcasing the new product capabilities as she creates a rental car web application from scratch from an existing desktop version.
The following provides just a sneak peek into what’s in store for your learning experience: