We are pleased to announce the release candidate for 4D v17.
If you haven’t already downloaded it, it’s not too late! Now’s the time to run your applications on 4D v17, and take advantage of the many features this release has to offer.
Taking effect on May 25, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) imposes new privacy restrictions governing the collection and use of personal data of European Union (EU) citizens.
And as a first step to help you get more insight into the GDPR law, we’re pleased to announce the first part of a GDPR dedicated guide: General Data Protection Regulation and 4D.
4D Summit 2018 which took place in Paris and Washington DC recently, was filled with huge product announcements and a plethora of exciting sessions. It was a great experience for everyone who was able to attend! More than 450 attendees were on site to witness a lot of incredible revelations.
In this blog post, we’ll recap the highlights from this year’s 4D Summit.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17! This major release is chock-full of enhancements and new features that one blog post is not enough to cover them!
With that being said, 4D v17 Beta introduces more than +60 advances including improvements to existing functionalities as well as new ones. And if you’re eager to see 4D v17 Beta in action, check out this extensive library of examples (HDIs) to have an overall idea on this release full potential.
So, let’s take a look and discover some of what 4D v17 Beta has in store for you:
- ORDA: a revolutionary concept, making it possible to you use your database in an object-oriented approach.
- 4D language: major enhancements to help you boost your productivity with fewer lines of code.
- 4D Write Pro: to create complex business documents.
- Security: the highest security level off the shelf for 4D products.
- 4D View Pro: to display advanced lists and create spreadsheets.
- 4D commands: More 4D commands to enlarge your programming capabilities.
- Flexible tools: to help you design an immersive User Experience.
We have some thrilling news to announce and the title may have already given a hint!
Lately, we’ve been working on preparing the release of 4D v17, which will provide new and exciting advances and even more reliable experiences for our customers.
4D v16 R6 is now available!
Here is a sneak peek of the things we’ve got in store for you:
- Step up your game and boost your productivity with the 40+ new built-in methods to manage collections.
- Breath life into your 4D Write Pro documents with full control over images, thanks to anchored pictures.
- Get ready for 4D View Pro and convert your existing 4D View documents.
- Explore a new flexible way to dynamically build forms fully adapted to your users’ needs.
All of this, and more awaits you!
We are pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v16 R6! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
Let’s take a look and discover what’s new in the 4D v16 R6 Beta:
- Improvements to the 4D language and new emerging concepts – so you can write better code … faster
- Increased security of 4D Web Server – so you can have better rankings on web security audit tests
- Pictures in absolute position with 4D Write Pro – so you can have even more control
- Ability to convert existing 4D View documents to 4D View Pro – so you can upgrade easier
4D v16 R5 is now available!
Enhanced security, 4D language improvements, more commands to handle your 4D Write Pro documents, and an automatic mode for 4D View Pro advanced lists, are the highlights of 4D v16 R5.
Download 4D v16 R5 and discover all the advances in this R-release!
From Object Notation to 4D Write Pro and security to straightforward tips, 2017 had it all! Let’s take a look back with ten of our most-read posts. Here are the topics that grabbed your attention in 2017:
We are pleased to announce the latest update to our 4D v16 product line: 4D v16.3.
4D v16.3 is certified to work with the latest OS versions, namely macOS High Sierra (10.13) and the latest Windows 10 update.
To download 4D v16.3, visit your 4D website today.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!