4D v19 R7 is Here
4D v19 R7 is OUT with features you’ll surely enjoy using!
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
Download 4D v19 R7 (monthly Hot Fixes available)
- 4D Write Pro got more features. Add report subtotals on each page thanks to the Carry-over rows feature, a new document editing detection feature, and a new display mode, showing formulas as a symbol ⓕ, indicating their presence.
- Reading or adding one or more lines to an existing document (a log file, for instance) can now be done more efficiently than ever using the new file handles objects.
- 4D View Pro comes with new commands allowing you to manage your table columns and rows more efficiently. Combining this new feature with data contexts enables you to design more advanced templates to automatically populate business content with the correct information for every situation.
A coat of paint on the structure editor
The structure editor is a crucial element of your project. First of all, it allows you to create your structure. But above all, it will enable you to visualize your tables, fields, and relations during your developments, which is always helpful for manipulating data.
VS Code: Go To Definition & Signature Help
4D v19 R6 brought the support of external source code editors (e.g., Visual Studio Code), allowing them to handle 4D code and provide them with standard functionalities such as syntax highlighting using the Visual Studio Code extension.
4Dv19 R7 brings two new capabilities: Go To Definition and Signature Help.
Say Hello to Rounded Corners
The current trend is for light, clean, soft colors and rounded corners.
For you to embellish your applications and follow the latest trends, we have added the possibility to round the corners of static texts and input texts.
Latest Improvements of the HTTP Client
With 4D v19R6, we brought you a new way to perform HTTP requests: HTTP classes. At that time, some of the HTTP classes functionalities were not final, as we wanted to adapt them to the new syntax. It is now done! In v19R7, compressed responses, chunked responses, and redirections functionalities are now complete.
As a bonus, we also added a new way to log HTTP requests. And as it’s helpful to everyone, this new logging is available to the new HTTP classes as well as for the legacy syntax.
4D for Mobile : Get Mobile Users’ Cookies
As you probably know, scalable sessions have been available since 4D v18 R6. They’re a web session type that is able to handle several processes in preemptive mode. This means they can handle several user-agent requests simultaneously and share data between these processes.
Well, 4D v19 R7 greatly enhances this feature and makes it available to 4D for Mobile.
4D for Mobile : Display Web Pages in your Mobile Apps
You can already compose views based on templates; dozens of them are at your disposal to beautify your mobile apps. 4D v19 R7 is spicing up things even more by enabling you to display a web page served by 4D using a new preset action: Open URL.
This means four things :
- You are now totally free to create your own designs
- The user experience remains seamless embedded in your native app
- Get updated data in real-time
- You can keep user data and offer an optimized user experience using sessions.
You only have to create a web page optimized for mobile devices.
Let’s see how to use it with a simple example:
LIST BOXES – Say Goodbye to Alt Key!
The drag and drop action is a standard action in computer interfaces. In the case of list boxes, pressing the “Alt” key is necessary to move several items simultaneously. Or rather “was” because, starting with 4D v19 R7, this is no longer a requirement at all!
4D Write Pro – Document Modification Detection
When a 4D Write Pro document is in edit mode, it’s often helpful to know if it has actually been modified by the end user. Based on this information, actions or interfaces can be adjusted to be more user-friendly.
Starting with 4D v19 R7, this is now easier than ever.
4D for Android: Say Hello to Material Design 3
To ensure that your application follows the latest design trends and that your users are blown away by a minimalistic, stylish, and great looking, we have updated the Material Design library.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy