We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R6!
Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what this feature release has in store for you:
- Build advanced web applications with scalable web sessions.
- Enhance search functionality by turning your iPhone into a barcode scanner, and build ergonomics 4D for iOS apps with many to many relations.
- Speed up the development process and avoid typos thanks to the display of a function’s prototype and short description in the code editor.
- Connect your mail transporters with an OAuth 2.0 token for increased security.
- Use Find and Replace to search for (and replace) data, formulas, or values in the entire sheet or only a specific part, thanks to a new 4D View Pro command.
- Create 4D Write Pro documents faster and easier thanks to the new toolbar and sidebar enhancements.
- And much more (see below).
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R5 is now available!
This feature release includes many functionalities you asked for, starting with a CSS preview in the form editor, to the ability to have 4D View Pro in your native language … just to name a few!
Without further ado, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
2021 has started with us nearing the 500th post of the 4D blog!
To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’d like to hear your thoughts about the content provided so far.
We’d greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to complete this survey (6 questions only). Your responses will contribute to improving the 4D Blog content to better serve your needs.
Note: the survey will be closed on January 29th, 2021.
When our company was founded in 1984, nobody could have imagined where we’d be 36 years later … thanks to all of you!
Two years ago, we made a Happy New Year video from all of us in 4D. This year, we’ve decided to give you the spotlight to explain why you’ve continued to prefer 4D all these years. We’ve received more than 40+ quotes that we’ve made available here and put some of them in this video:
It’s that time of the year where we take a look back at ten of our most-read posts. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the topics that grabbed your attention in 2020:
At 4D, we’re excited about Apple’s Big Sur. In order to provide extensive support to our customers to test and run the new operating system with your 4D applications, both the 4D v18 LTS and Feature Release product lines are macOS Big Sur compatible!
Halloween looks slightly different this year …
Whether you’re taking part in a creeptastic Zoom party or a frightfest with the kids, these new 4D v18 R5 delights will make this Halloween weekend a monster treat!
Have a spooktacular Halloween and a hauntingly good time hunting 4Delightful treats!
We know how important it is for both you and your customers to have 4D View Pro spreadsheets in your native language. That’s why 4D v18 R5 now provides a set of five supported languages! In addition to English, we’ve added support for French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese!
Beta testing for 4D v18 R5 is starting today and we couldn’t be more excited!
From ORDA, the Form editor, 4D for iOS, 4D Write Pro, and 4D View Pro, to advanced programming and deployment related-features. This feature release has it all, including a feature that was the highest and fastest voted feature request ever in our feature request forum:
- Beautifying your applications has never been easier thanks to the ability to preview the final CSS rendering in the Form editor.
- Macros are available in the Form editor to help you to get more done in less time!
- ORDA is still bringing new features and this feature release is no exception: shareable entity selections are available and more control over function availability is granted.
- More advanced features are at your disposal, including the ability to name your parameters and results when declaring functions and methods, the ability to debug code running on the server using your client, customized 4D cache for merged 4D server, and 4D clients … just to name a few.
- 4D for iOS has two new advances available: the data synchronization process has been optimized, giving you up to 25 times faster data sync and deep linking to help improve the user experience.
- New IMAP commands are available for search, copy, move and delete. More IMAP features are in our pipeline.
- 4D Write Pro is also packed with new features and 4D View Pro is making writing your code easier with a new command.
- And much more (see below).
I’m very happy to announce that 4D v18 R4 is now available!
4D v18 R4 is one of the best feature releases ever delivered, with 20+ new features added to 4D’s ever-growing list.
From the 4D language that keeps getting better, to new capabilities 4D for iOS offers for building enriched apps, to the implementation of 4D Write Pro features you’ve requested. PLUS a whole new set of 4D View Pro commands to give you further control over your documents.
Without further ado, here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy