Our most spectacular major release yet is now available! 4D v18 is bursting with advanced functionalities, upgrades, and enhancements.
This cutting-edge release opens a lot of possibilities for your 4D-based applications. Though by no means exhaustive, here’s a list of features we’ve got in store for you:
- Project database for version control: A solution for collaborative programming, enabling you to store your code in plain text files within a source control system (e.g., Github, Perforce, etc.).
- Encryption: Built-in data encryption tools on a per-table basis. Whether via the UI or programming, your application’s protection is at its finest.
- 4D for iOS: A product fully integrated into 4D to easily extend your business applications to mobile.
- ORDA: Optimized performance, extra commands, and remote datastore.
- The 4D language: Staying compatible with the classic language, the 4D language is making great strides towards becoming object-oriented with member methods to access files (or folders, zip archives, or emails), the ability to build your own member functions and use the new formula object, enhanced debugging features, etc.
- 4D Write Pro: Style sheets, a feature-rich toolbar, more table-related features, and the list goes on.
- 4D View Pro: A powerful ribbon toolbar, .xlsx import/export, more commands to handle your documents by programming, and much more.
This list is far from exhaustive, see all the blog posts for 4D v18!
4D summit 2020 is just around the corner, and honestly, we couldn’t be more excited!
2019 has been a successful year for us here at 4D and it’s all thanks to our partners, customers, and community! Last year we made a Happy New Year video, this year we’re keeping it simple … all of us at 4D wish all of you a very Happy New Year! We’re looking forward to another great year in 2020!
As another year and another decade come to an end, it’s time to take a look back with 10 of our most-read posts. From project databases to encryption, to performance optimization, to advanced ORDA and programming capabilities … 2019 had it all! Here are the topics that grabbed your attention in 2019.
So you’ve been testing out project databases … maybe you’ve created one or perhaps you’ve converted an existing binary application. Now, it’s time for us to show you how to use Git (the revision control system) with Github as the hosting service for your 4D application.
What is your disguise costume for this Halloween? Are you a witch? Have you turned yourself into a vampire? A hungry zombie looking for brains? Or perhaps Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is your thing?
Beta testing for 4D v18, our most spectacular release yet, is starting today! And we couldn’t be more thrilled to share all the novelties we’ve prepared for you. More than +90 advances, including major enhancements to existing features, as well as new ones that were designed to ease your development journey and take your applications to new heights. And in case you want to have an overall idea on this release full potential, we’ve put together this extensive library of examples (HDIs).
Buckle up and let’s discover some of what 4D v18 Beta has to offer:
- Project database – Version control: a solution for collaborative programming. Enabling you to store your code in a source control system (e.g., Github, Perforce, etc.) in plain text files.
- Built-in encryption: protection at its finest with built-in data encryption on a per-table basis.
- 4D for iOS: a product fully integrated into 4D to extend your business applications to mobile with ease.
- ORDA: enhanced commands, enhanced performance … and then there is remote datastore.
- 4D language: extra 4D commands to enlarge your programming capabilities.
- 4D Write Pro: Style Sheets. Tables. Toolbar. Word Export. And much more.
- 4D View Pro: Ribbon Toolbar. Excel import/export. And the list goes on.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R6, the latest R-release of one of 4D’s most groundbreaking major releases, is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what this R-release has to offer:
- Increased interactivity with your 4D for iOS apps thanks to the ability to create, edit and delete your app content using parameters.
- Advanced debugging capabilities at your disposal, such as the ability to retrieve the current execution call chain and a powerful new tool to analyze debug logs.
- Even more ORDA methods to build more sophisticated search criteria and optimize your coding.
- New functionalities have been added to the ever-growing list of 4D View Pro features: from customizing styles, to using collections to read and write values and formulas.
This list is far from exhaustive, see all the blog posts for 4D v17 R6!
When it comes to major product releases, 4D pays close attention to the color of the logo for each one. Since 4D v18, one of 4D’s most revolutionary releases is just around the corner, we’ve decided to reveal the story behind the choices made not only for the logo color but also for modifications to the shape of the icons! Here’s everything you need to know about 4D v18’s logo color, as told by creative designer: Julien Banon.
Less than a month to go before one of 4D’s most sensational releases goes beta! 4D v18, a major product release bursting with upgrades, enhancements, and exciting new features to make your coding a breeze.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy