For over 36 years, our main goal has been to enhance our product while ensuring the compatibility of your 4D applications. This, of course, brings change, and change can be frustrating. With this in mind, we always aim to minimize the impact on your businesses with timely announcements, and most importantly, an improved alternative to the deprecated or removed functionality to ensure a smooth transition.
In this blog post, we’ll go through the 4D strategy behind the decision to release versions that are not fully developed, which is summarized in the “release early, release often” paradigm.
Are you new to 4D for iOS? New to our no-code native app builder that allows you to extend your existing 4D business applications to mobile devices? Or maybe you just need a jumpstart to see how far the product allows you to go?
If this is the case, check out what 4D for iOS can do thanks to its feature set, and watch this video to witness the building of a mobile app in less than two minutes:
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R6!
Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what this feature release has in store for you:
- Build advanced web applications with scalable web sessions.
- Enhance search functionality by turning your iPhone into a barcode scanner, and build ergonomics 4D for iOS apps with many to many relations.
- Speed up the development process and avoid typos thanks to the display of a function’s prototype and short description in the code editor.
- Connect your mail transporters with an OAuth 2.0 token for increased security.
- Use Find and Replace to search for (and replace) data, formulas, or values in the entire sheet or only a specific part, thanks to a new 4D View Pro command.
- Create 4D Write Pro documents faster and easier thanks to the new toolbar and sidebar enhancements.
- And much more (see below).
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R5 is now available!
This feature release includes many functionalities you asked for, starting with a CSS preview in the form editor, to the ability to have 4D View Pro in your native language … just to name a few!
Without further ado, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
2021 has started with us nearing the 500th post of the 4D blog!
To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’d like to hear your thoughts about the content provided so far.
We’d greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to complete this survey (6 questions only). Your responses will contribute to improving the 4D Blog content to better serve your needs.
Note: the survey will be closed on January 29th, 2021.
When our company was founded in 1984, nobody could have imagined where we’d be 36 years later … thanks to all of you!
Two years ago, we made a Happy New Year video from all of us in 4D. This year, we’ve decided to give you the spotlight to explain why you’ve continued to prefer 4D all these years. We’ve received more than 40+ quotes that we’ve made available here and put some of them in this video:
It’s that time of the year where we take a look back at ten of our most-read posts. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the topics that grabbed your attention in 2020:
At 4D, we’re excited about Apple’s Big Sur. In order to provide extensive support to our customers to test and run the new operating system with your 4D applications, both the 4D v18 LTS and Feature Release product lines are macOS Big Sur compatible!
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy