Beta testing for 4D v19 R2 is starting today! Here is what this feature release has in store for you:
- 4D for Android (our development platform for Android devices) is now final with 4D v19 R2.
- Speaking of mobile, new features for iOS and Android platforms are now available, allowing you to customize your app’s color, adapt it to dark or light mode, sort its local data, and more!
- 4D View Pro: Analyze data with pivot tables. Import and export CSV files. Manage your sheets by programming. Easily handle page breaks (for printing purposes) from the user interface.
- 4D Write Pro: More display options for inline and anchored pictures. We’ve also made it easier to format the images used as background of documents, sections, paragraphs, etc.
- Features that incorporate best practices such as defining a default .gitignore file and managing Byte Order Mark (BOM) and End of Line (EOL).
- Features to enhance either your experience as a developer, such as getting access to the details of a class function from the code editor, or your end-users’ experience, such as automatic component signing on Mac.
- And more (see below)!
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v19 is now available. It’s a major release that takes building business applications to new heights.
Tap into the power of Apple Silicon and immediately experience a performance boost thanks to Apple M1’s remarkable capabilities. Discover 4D’s redesigned architecture with Project mode and how it paves the way for the future. Run on-the-go businesses with 4D for iOS and achieve much, much more with the new features for the 4D language, ORDA, 4D Write Pro, and 4D View Pro.
Although it is by no means exhaustive, here’s a list of features we’ve got in store for you:
Beta testing for 4D v19, one of the best LTS yet, is starting today, six months earlier than planned, to provide you with a Silicon native version of 4D!
This includes more than +80 advances, including the introduction of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in 4D thanks to Project mode, major enhancements to existing products, and highly requested features you voted for.
Buckle up, and let’s discover some of what 4D v19 Beta has to offer:
- Apple Silicon support: be ready to give your 4D application a boost right away thanks to Apple M1’s remarkable performance and the brand new 4D compiler.
- ORDA: write business-oriented code to hide complexity, reduce errors, and speed up the development process.
- 4D for iOS: be productive anywhere with our mobile solution. Check inventory in the warehouse, generate invoices during client visits, perform inspections onsite, and more.
- OOP: thanks to Project mode, take advantage of object-oriented programming concepts for greater productivity, better code quality, and lesser maintenance costs.
- 4D language: discover how the versatile tools of the 4D language improve your developer experience.
- 4D Write Pro: Word documents import, PDF export, enhanced UI, more commands to manage your documents with code, and plenty of features to produce beautiful documents in record time.
- 4D View Pro: localized UI. More than +20 new commands to programmatically handle your documents and more.
- And much more (see below).
We’re pleased to announce that the 4D v18 R6 is now available!
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
For over 36 years, our main goal has been to enhance our product while ensuring the compatibility of your 4D applications. This, of course, brings change, and change can be frustrating. With this in mind, we always aim to minimize the impact on your businesses with timely announcements, and most importantly, an improved alternative to the deprecated or removed functionality to ensure a smooth transition.
In this blog post, we’ll go through the 4D strategy behind the decision to release versions that are not fully developed, which is summarized in the “release early, release often” paradigm.
Are you new to 4D for iOS? New to our no-code native app builder that allows you to extend your existing 4D business applications to mobile devices? Or maybe you just need a jumpstart to see how far the product allows you to go?
If this is the case, check out what 4D for iOS can do thanks to its feature set, and watch this video to witness the building of a mobile app in less than two minutes:
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v18 R6!
Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what this feature release has in store for you:
- Build advanced web applications with scalable web sessions.
- Enhance search functionality by turning your iPhone into a barcode scanner, and build ergonomics 4D for iOS apps with many to many relations.
- Speed up the development process and avoid typos thanks to the display of a function’s prototype and short description in the code editor.
- Connect your mail transporters with an OAuth 2.0 token for increased security.
- Use Find and Replace to search for (and replace) data, formulas, or values in the entire sheet or only a specific part, thanks to a new 4D View Pro command.
- Create 4D Write Pro documents faster and easier thanks to the new toolbar and sidebar enhancements.
- And much more (see below).
We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R5 is now available!
This feature release includes many functionalities you asked for, starting with a CSS preview in the form editor, to the ability to have 4D View Pro in your native language … just to name a few!
Without further ado, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
2021 has started with us nearing the 500th post of the 4D blog!
To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’d like to hear your thoughts about the content provided so far.
We’d greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to complete this survey (6 questions only). Your responses will contribute to improving the 4D Blog content to better serve your needs.
Note: the survey will be closed on January 29th, 2021.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy