Now, you can start 4D v15.0 in a given language while your Mac OS system language is different. For example you want to start 4D v15.0 in Spanish on an English OS X.
You can now use an application to choose language for an specific application, as for example, the App Language Chooser Apple application.
It is a free software that is available on Apple Store.
The App Store description is the following: “App Language Chooser lets you run an application using the language of your choice, to display the user interface. It is useful as a developer tool for localizers, or when you do not want a specific application to use your preferred system language.”
Steps to perform:
- Launch “App Language Chooser” application.
- Drag and drop the 4D application (from Finder)
- The list of available languages is displayed. Choose the language you want to use to start 4D app.
- Check the “Set as default language for this app” checkbox.
- Double click on 4D application, 4D starts in the language you have defined
Note: To reset the language choice, choose “System Default” language as proposed in language list.
You can remove the “.lproj” folders from “Resources” folder at the very first level (4D/resources). It’s no more necessary to remove all “.lproj” from Internal components or Native components.
Warning, if you want use 4D v15.0 in French with English programming language (default in v15.0), do not remove en.lproj.