CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete), a pillar of database actions, makes its debut in 4D for iOS in 4D v17 R6.
In 4D v17 R5, we introduced actions so you could better interact with your 4D for iOS apps. This included the ability to create actions to execute 4D code from your iOS apps. Things are getting even more interesting with this R-release, now you can easily manage and edit your app content using parameters.
The Actions section (in the Project Editor) has been redesigned to allow you to define action parameters and build iOS edit forms for each action.
The process is very simple:
- Select an action
- Create the parameters for the action
- Define the properties for each parameter (e.g., name, label, format, etc.)
- Create and edit the On Mobile App Action database method
This will enable you to edit data directly in your iOS app using the edit form you defined in the Project Editor.
This feature opens a whole new world of possibilities and allows you to create more engaging and advanced iOS apps than ever before!
But wait! We have even more good news! We’ve also defined some preset actions and made them available for you!
4D for iOS offers three types of preset actions to simplify the process of creating actions:
- Add action – allows you to create all of the parameters you need with their properties already completed
- Edit action – allows you to edit an entity
- Delete action – allows you to delete an entity
And these three preset actions can be easily created from the Actions section: