We’re thrilled to announce that support for actions in 4D for iOS is available with 4D v17 R5! This feature allows you to enjoy more interactivity with your mobile app. For example, you can set a task as completed or finished, or flag events to be checked. All with the swipe of a finger, or by simply selecting an action from a menu.
A new On Mobile App Action database method is available to declare your app’s actions. A new Action section has been added in the Project editor to allow you to define:
- Names: Designate a name for each action
- Icons: Select an existing icon or use your own from the icon library
- Short and Long labels: Short labels are used for records (for example when you swipe left on a table cell) and long labels for table actions (the list of actions are displayed from the bottom of the screen).
- Tables: Select the table the action is available on
- Scope: Specifiy if the action is available for a record or a table
Here’s an example of a task application using 4D for iOS actions on a List form.
Define your action, edit the On Mobile App Authentication method, and create a method to be executed … it’s that simple!
Even better: There’s no need to rewrite the code for your business logic, just call your existing 4D methods with all verifications and calculations. Tasks such as those shown in the example above, (setting a task to postponed or finished) could trigger follow-up actions, such as sending an invoice or informing colleagues.