We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v19 R3 is now available! One of the richest feature releases we have shipped so far.
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
- Say hello to Computed Attributes in ORDA, Classes, iOS, and Android. Your business logic will love this new feature.
- Speaking of ORDA, blobs are fully supported, just like any other type, enabling ORDA developers to use BLOB type attributes in operations with entities.
- 4D for iOS is released with features allowing to interact with native Apple apps and build even more advanced UI’s.
- As for 4D for Android, we’re giving you a way to test your Android app on an actual device before releasing it to users.
- Enjoy a simplified cross-platform client/server applications building on Windows.
- 4D Write Pro is shipped with an image setting dialog, the possibility to have different numbers of columns on the same page with continuous section breaks, and additional options to manage formula visibility.
- Out-of-the-box security boost with the support of the bcrypt algorithm for passwords. The best bit? There’s nothing to change in the code. Everything is automatic.
- More news for dark mode enthusiasts. After giving end-users a choice between dark and light mode for the appearance of their applications, it is now the turn of developers to choose between these modes during development on macOS.
This is just a glimpse of what’s available in 4D v19 R3. Download 4D v19 R3 and discover how much further you can go with this feature release.