Debug your mobile apps on Android devices
You have made your first application with 4D for Android. Congratulations!
After visualizing the simulator’s result, you want to test it on your smartphone to appreciate the interaction, the fluidity…
It’s straightforward! All it takes is one action on the smartphone and another one in the project. Let’s see the details.
4D for Mobile: Build Great Mobile Apps Using Computed Attributes
As you probably know, computed attributes are available starting from 4D v19 R3. A blog post is available that presents this great new feature.
As we always propose the best and complete user experience to our mobile app developers, computed attributes are compatible with all your iOS and Android projects.
4D for iOS: Sort criteria and action parameters enhancements
4D for iOS gives you the ability to define actions that automatically call a 4D method linked with an event on the smartphone. For example, using them, you can execute 4D code, manage and edit your app’s content using parameters, and, more recently, sort your app’s content easily using sort actions!
Defining sort criteria and action parameters has been improved to make things easier and help you work more quickly and efficiently.
4D for iOS: Easily interact with Apple Native apps
With 4D for iOS, we are always thinking about mobile-friendly features. The primary purpose is to help developers provide the best user experience for their mobile applications. And that’s why, with 4D v19 R3, we’re shipping action input controls.
4D for iOS: Custom Input Controls
Until now, custom formatters allowed you to match text or images to the contents of a field, such as replacing true/false with an image or 1, 2 with text labels. 4D v19 R3 allows you to create action input controls available from actions forms, such as creating a choice list with predefined text. And even better, this list can be dynamically filled using a datasource such as a list of employers. Let’s delve into the details!
4D for Mobile: What’s new in v19 R3
We are pleased to announce that a new version of 4D is available with new features for 4D for iOS and 4D for Android.
WHAT’s in it?
For both 4D for iOS and 4D for Android:
- A new feature of 4D allows you to add computed attributes to an entity. These new attributes can also be used in the list and detail forms of your mobile application.
For 4D for iOS only:
- You can create action input controls of type choice list. The choice list can be a predefined list in a JSON or a dynamic list filled using a data source.
- In your actions and input controls, you can use computed attributes to simplify your code.
For 4D for Android only:
- The N to one relation is available, so you can display relative data in a list, and decide which field(s) from the related table to publish in your app
- You can test and debug the generated application on your device.
Several blog posts detailing the different features are listed in this post.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy