Beta testing for 4D v18, our most spectacular release yet, is starting today! And we couldn’t be more thrilled to share all the novelties we’ve prepared for you. More than +90 advances, including major enhancements to existing features, as well as new ones that were designed to ease your development journey and take your applications to new heights. And in case you want to have an overall idea on this release full potential, we’ve put together this extensive library of examples (HDIs).
Buckle up and let’s discover some of what 4D v18 Beta has to offer:
- Project database – Version control: a solution for collaborative programming. Enabling you to store your code in a source control system (e.g., Github, Perforce, etc.) in plain text files.
- Built-in encryption: protection at its finest with built-in data encryption on a per-table basis.
- 4D for iOS: a product fully integrated into 4D to extend your business applications to mobile with ease.
- ORDA: enhanced commands, enhanced performance … and then there is remote datastore.
- 4D language: extra 4D commands to enlarge your programming capabilities.
- 4D Write Pro: Style Sheets. Tables. Toolbar. Word Export. And much more.
- 4D View Pro: Ribbon Toolbar. Excel import/export. And the list goes on.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R6, the latest R-release of one of 4D’s most groundbreaking major releases, is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what this R-release has to offer:
- Increased interactivity with your 4D for iOS apps thanks to the ability to create, edit and delete your app content using parameters.
- Advanced debugging capabilities at your disposal, such as the ability to retrieve the current execution call chain and a powerful new tool to analyze debug logs.
- Even more ORDA methods to build more sophisticated search criteria and optimize your coding.
- New functionalities have been added to the ever-growing list of 4D View Pro features: from customizing styles, to using collections to read and write values and formulas.
This list is far from exhaustive, see all the blog posts for 4D v17 R6!
With Catalina (macOS 10.15), it’s highly recommended that you notarize applications distributed over a public network. A significant number of developers transfer their applications using a connected storage device or via file sharing, notarization isn’t required in these cases where the user already trusts the developer. The purpose of notarization is to assure users that the application isn’t malicious and is only required for applications downloaded from a website.
If you use our built-in signature feature when building your applications with 4D v18, your application is ready to be notarized. This process is conducted outside of 4D. It involves adding an electronic signature to your application and submitting your signed application to an automated inspection service. Here’s everything you need to know:
When it comes to major product releases, 4D pays close attention to the color of the logo for each one. Since 4D v18, one of 4D’s most revolutionary releases is just around the corner, we’ve decided to reveal the story behind the choices made not only for the logo color but also for modifications to the shape of the icons! Here’s everything you need to know about 4D v18’s logo color, as told by creative designer: Julien Banon.
Catalina (macOS 10.15) is now available and Apple has announced that the notarization of software distributed outside of the App Store has become a requirement. This may raise a few questions: what if my 4D application isn’t notarized? Will I be able to notarize it? How? Don’t panic! We’ve got you covered and this blog post provides the answers.
Less than a month to go before one of 4D’s most sensational releases goes beta! 4D v18, a major product release bursting with upgrades, enhancements, and exciting new features to make your coding a breeze.
A few weeks ago, we introduced action parameters so you could better interact with your 4D for iOS apps. They let you add, edit and delete records from your iOS device using edition forms. Well things are becoming even more interesting in 4D v17 R6, because now you can add pictures!
There have been requests to modify the 4D Server administration dialog, with some customers wanting to remove information and others wanting to add customized information. This AdminWindow component shows you how to do just that. You can use it “as is” or modify it to fit your needs.
Have you ever executed an action, nothing seemed to happen, and you didn’t know if you should click again or continue waiting? There’s no feedback provided, even if the application is performing an action in the background? Perhaps the action requires some time to return a result? As you may know, 4D already provides a built-in progress bar component that makes execution time more tolerable, but if you want something with a more web like design then keep reading, because that’s what the AJUI_Progressbar gives you!
iOS 13, first launched at the Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC 2019), to be released today, September 19. And we couldn’t be more thrilled to announce that some of the features Apple has unveiled for their latest iOS, will be available in 4D for iOS with the release of the v18! Here’s everything you need to know about the advances we have in store for you:
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy