Do you need to run complex calculations or exports on the client side? Use preemptive processes and start these actions without slowing down users and their daily work!
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R4! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
- Your processes can be run preemptively on 4D Remote which means taking full advantage of the power of multi-core computers.
- Exporting your documents in .docx format and a new vertical ruler to manage margins are just a sneak peek of the new 4D Write Pro features.
- Restricted queries, support of multi-criteria searches, and the possibility to create a custom data formatter are what 4D for iOS has to offer with this R-release.
- A new way to send emails is at your disposal. Easy and more powerful than the former way using 4D Internet Commands.
- Your formulas are more readable and easily accessible with 4D View Pro’s automatic completion thanks to named ranges and formulas.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R3 is now available!
To whet your appetite, here’s an overview of what this R-release has to offer:
- Create your own object methods and move one step closer towards classes in the 4D language.
- More 4D for iOS features for a customized mobile application with data formatters, personalized templates, and the ability to add your own icons.
- The ability to export the .4DB file into multiple text files as a first step towards full source control support – coming in a future release.
- 4D Write Pro is getting more feature-rich with new commands and attributes to create complex and beautiful documents.
- Import and export Microsoft Excel documents (.xlsx format) with 4D View Pro.
All of this and more awaits you!
It’s that time of the year where we take a look back at ten of our most-read posts. What a year it’s been! From ORDA to help you write code in an object-oriented mode, to 4D for iOS to extend your existing business applications to mobile devices, and much more. 2018 was filled with huge product announcements and a plethora of exciting features! Let’s take a look at the topics that grabbed your attention in 2018:
At the stroke of midnight, we wave goodbye to 2018 and head into an exciting and productive 2019. Here’s a video of the 4D teams wishing you all a very happy new year … from all over the world, in several different languages.
Do you need to access your 4D data from a web page but don’t have a designer in your team? Are you uncomfortable designing the pages yourself because deep down you believe that it’s full of complicated and unwritten rules? Well, have you ever thought about Bootstrap?
In this blog post, we’ll look at how to take advantage of Bootstrap’s framework to design web pages in no time! We’ll also provide you with a database example to see how it can be combined with 4D transformation tags.
4D Write Pro has no default interface because it’s meant to be embedded in your application. Therefore, it needs to fit your user interface design and provide just the right amount of features for your use case(s). We decided to provide you an easy way to create your own interface with Standard Actions. Since starting from scratch is not always easy, we’ve made widgets available that you can use directly. Better yet, if you’re a partner, you can even customize them (i.e., remove features, change the order/organization of tabs, buttons, etc.)!
In this blog post, we’ll go through the interface possibilities offered by 4D Write Pro.
We began a series of blog posts on compatibility settings and the secret options that can drastically help improve the performance and behavior of your applications (QUERY BY FORMULA, Transactions and period and comma). This final post of the series will give an overview of the remaining settings.
We’ve received comments on the forum and TAOW about features that previously existed in the 4D Write plug-in but seem to be missing in 4D Write Pro. Yet, they’ve been available for a long time!
In this blog post, we’ll go through a list of existing abilities in 4D Write Pro that seem to have gone unnoticed. In another words, 4D Write Pro features you didn’t know existed.
After all, 4D Write Pro is not limited to WP commands!
Thanks to 4D v17 R3, you can export your structure file in multiple text files. For example, with only a few lines of code you can create a copy of your database every morning. You can use this to keep track of the history or to send your database to a colleague and see the changes when they’re done working on it.
We provide you a ready-to-use component with only two methods: one to configure the data to be exported, and the other to export your database.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy