4D lets you take full advantage of multi-core computers with preemptive processes. In a previous blog post, we’ve provided you with a list of enhanced commands that can be used in preemptive processes, enabling faster global execution time and more connected users. And in response to your feedback, we increased the list with even more commands.
Developing an application is often a very collaborative job, involving many people. In this case, you may want store your development in a source control repository, or have a history of the work done during the day, or send your database to a colleague and see the changes when they’re done working on it.
All of the above scenarios are now possible! Beginning with v17 R3, you can export the .4DB file into multiple text files. This offers you many new possibilities.
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R3! Let’s take a look and see what this beta release includes:
- 4D for iOS: More features to customize your mobile applications, with data formatters, create your own templates, and the ability to add your own icons.
- 4D Write Pro: New commands for complex and beautifully designed documents.
- 4D View Pro: Import and export Microsoft Excel documents (.xlsx format).
- More thread-safe 4D commands for even more preemptive processes.
- Export your structure file in plain text for source control repositories.
- Write your own methods for objects.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R2 is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
- Access to a preview version of 4D for iOS and fire up your first project.
- A new 4D Write Pro toolbar designed to provide easy and immediate access to different actions.
- An enhanced user interface with new options in 4D View Pro.
- Preemptive SOAP Web Services for faster responses to simultaneous requests.
All of this and more awaits you!
Today’s episode is focused on the user interface to help you create nice looking lists and grids!
We’ve started a series of blog posts on compatibility settings and the secret options that can drastically help you improve the performance and the behavior of your applications. The first post was about QUERY BY FORMULA.
The second part of the compatibility series is about international usage of your business applications. This could mean selling to other countries – or having coworkers coming from other countries to work for a while, but using their local systems.
If you’ve ever seen or gotten reports like “the numbers are displayed as >>>>>>>>>”, this blog post is for you.
In a previous blog post, we introduced the concept of Mobile Session Management. A concept that allows you to keep track of users after their initial user request. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a component to help you easily manage your mobile users.
4D for iOS packs in several features and concepts to help you easily get started with your first mobile application. Besides the step by step tutorial, we’ll be providing blog posts tips to speed up the learning process. In this post, we’ll explore an important concept in 4D for iOS: Mobile Session Management.
We’re delighted to invite you to a preview of 4D’s upcoming new website. Let’s take a quick look and see what the new site has to offer … so far.
TestFlight is a free solution provided by Apple which allows you to send a testable version of your app to specific beta users. This way you can manage feedback from beta testers and apply any modifications (if needed) before your app is released on the App Store. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to take advantage of TestFlight for a bug-free production app.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy