What is your disguise costume for this Halloween? Are you a witch? Have you turned yourself into a vampire? A hungry zombie looking for brains? Or perhaps Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is your thing?
Beta testing for 4D v18, our most spectacular release yet, is starting today! And we couldn’t be more thrilled to share all the novelties we’ve prepared for you. More than +90 advances, including major enhancements to existing features, as well as new ones that were designed to ease your development journey and take your applications to new heights. And in case you want to have an overall idea on this release full potential, we’ve put together this extensive library of examples (HDIs).
Buckle up and let’s discover some of what 4D v18 Beta has to offer:
- Project database – Version control: a solution for collaborative programming. Enabling you to store your code in a source control system (e.g., Github, Perforce, etc.) in plain text files.
- Built-in encryption: protection at its finest with built-in data encryption on a per-table basis.
- 4D for iOS: a product fully integrated into 4D to extend your business applications to mobile with ease.
- ORDA: enhanced commands, enhanced performance … and then there is remote datastore.
- 4D language: extra 4D commands to enlarge your programming capabilities.
- 4D Write Pro: Style Sheets. Tables. Toolbar. Word Export. And much more.
- 4D View Pro: Ribbon Toolbar. Excel import/export. And the list goes on.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R6, the latest R-release of one of 4D’s most groundbreaking major releases, is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what this R-release has to offer:
- Increased interactivity with your 4D for iOS apps thanks to the ability to create, edit and delete your app content using parameters.
- Advanced debugging capabilities at your disposal, such as the ability to retrieve the current execution call chain and a powerful new tool to analyze debug logs.
- Even more ORDA methods to build more sophisticated search criteria and optimize your coding.
- New functionalities have been added to the ever-growing list of 4D View Pro features: from customizing styles, to using collections to read and write values and formulas.
This list is far from exhaustive, see all the blog posts for 4D v17 R6!
When it comes to major product releases, 4D pays close attention to the color of the logo for each one. Since 4D v18, one of 4D’s most revolutionary releases is just around the corner, we’ve decided to reveal the story behind the choices made not only for the logo color but also for modifications to the shape of the icons! Here’s everything you need to know about 4D v18’s logo color, as told by creative designer: Julien Banon.
Less than a month to go before one of 4D’s most sensational releases goes beta! 4D v18, a major product release bursting with upgrades, enhancements, and exciting new features to make your coding a breeze.
Want to recreate the 4D Server Administration Window with a web interface? Want to conveniently check what’s happening in the 4D Server without needing to go to the server room, to use a remote desktop, or to consume a 4D Client license? It’s now possible to view all of 4D Server’s main parameters(e.g., memory usage, drive space, users, processes, and even the real-time monitor) via the web.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through a set of commands that 4D delivered over various R-releases to build your own web-based server administration dialog. Additionally, the regional technical manager of 4D Hispano (Angelo Caroprese) has provided a complete component to be used right in your applications.
Improved and simplified 4D commands just keep coming. Now you can set colors in your form objects using CSS strings instead of numeric values. Previously CSS colors for objects were declared with a 4-byte longint (e.g., 0x00RRGGBB). But if you feel more comfortable writing BLUE instead of its numeric equivalent 255 (0xFF), we’ve got good news … 4D v17 R6 makes it possible!
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R6! Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what this R-release has in store for you:
- 4D for iOS apps are taken to new heights thanks to the ability to manage and edit your app content using parameters.
- Advanced programming capabilities at your disposal: from the ability to retrieve the current execution call chain, to a powerful new tool to analyze debug logs – just to name a few.
- Sophisticated search criteria and optimized coding with new ORDA advances.
- Style customization, the use of collections to read and write values and formulas, along with more control over your methods are the new functionalities added to the ever-growing list of 4D View Pro features.
- The beta tests for 4D Projects continue with 4D v17 R6, making it possible for you to take full advantage of a source control system.
4D v17 R5, one of the most feature-rich R-releases ever delivered, is now available!
Since we can’t list all of the nearly 30 features in a single blog post, here’s an overview of what this thrilling R-release has to offer:
- A built-in solution to encrypt your customer’s data at the table level! So easy to use and so transparent, that there’s no need to change your code.
- If you have an existing code or need to access external records via ODBC, reading 4D object fields is now possible.
- Set tasks with actions, and have your app content up-to-date in a snap with some of the new 4D for iOS features.
- With links to 4D methods, along with the simplification and flexibility of multiple commands, 4D Write Pro has taken things a step further.
- A powerful ribbon-based toolbar for 4D View Pro is available for quick access to different commands.
- ORDA has its share of features, including the possibility to write generic code and optimized performance in client/server mode.
- There’s no more need for special configuration if you need to run multiple clients connected to the same database on a single computer. Things have gotten a lot easier, just run the clients and it’ll work!
We’ve only scratched the surface of what this R-release has in store for you. See all blog posts for 4D v17 R5!
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy