Unless you’re Stephen King and planning to write the next best seller, you may want to avoid long block of texts. And you can do this by using illustrations and images in your documents! Luckily, working with pictures in 4D Write Pro is evolving with every release, and these graphic-related features allow you to breathe life into your drab black and white text documents. In this blog post, we’ll explain the different types of pictures in 4D Write Pro, their use, and how to take advantage of them to create visually compelling documents!
We are pleased to announce the release candidate for 4D v17.
If you haven’t already downloaded it, it’s not too late! Now’s the time to run your applications on 4D v17, and take advantage of the many features this release has to offer.
4D Summit 2018, which took place in Paris, France and Washington, D.C. recently, was filled with huge product announcements and a lots of exciting sessions. In case you missed it, catch up on the important revelations and technical announcements here.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look back at 4D Summit 2018 and reminisce with some vivid videos!
In this dedicated GDPR guide of best practices, 4D helps you to build your GDPR compliance and get you started with your General Data Protection Regulation journey.
In this blog post, we’ll focus on a specific key step of this journey: discovery and how 4D can help you create an overview of existing personal data, via a built-in functionality. We’ll even provide you a code example!
Taking effect on May 25, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) imposes new privacy restrictions governing the collection and use of personal data of European Union (EU) citizens.
And as a first step to help you get more insight into the GDPR law, we’re pleased to announce the first part of a GDPR dedicated guide: General Data Protection Regulation and 4D.
4D Summit 2018 which took place in Paris and Washington DC recently, was filled with huge product announcements and a plethora of exciting sessions. It was a great experience for everyone who was able to attend! More than 450 attendees were on site to witness a lot of incredible revelations.
In this blog post, we’ll recap the highlights from this year’s 4D Summit.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17! This major release is chock-full of enhancements and new features that one blog post is not enough to cover them!
With that being said, 4D v17 Beta introduces more than +60 advances including improvements to existing functionalities as well as new ones. And if you’re eager to see 4D v17 Beta in action, check out this extensive library of examples (HDIs) to have an overall idea on this release full potential.
So, let’s take a look and discover some of what 4D v17 Beta has in store for you:
- ORDA: a revolutionary concept, making it possible to you use your database in an object-oriented approach.
- 4D language: major enhancements to help you boost your productivity with fewer lines of code.
- 4D Write Pro: to create complex business documents.
- Security: the highest security level off the shelf for 4D products.
- 4D View Pro: to display advanced lists and create spreadsheets.
- 4D commands: More 4D commands to enlarge your programming capabilities.
- Flexible tools: to help you design an immersive User Experience.
4D Write Pro is a powerful text engine, entirely programmable, and fully integrated into 4D and its database. It has an unlimited number of uses. Beyond generating complex documents by programming, or creating letters and quotes as in classic word processors, 4D Write Pro allows you to easily publish your documents on the web.
We have some thrilling news to announce and the title may have already given a hint!
Lately, we’ve been working on preparing the release of 4D v17, which will provide new and exciting advances and even more reliable experiences for our customers.
4D v16 R6 is now available!
Here is a sneak peek of the things we’ve got in store for you:
- Step up your game and boost your productivity with the 40+ new built-in methods to manage collections.
- Breath life into your 4D Write Pro documents with full control over images, thanks to anchored pictures.
- Get ready for 4D View Pro and convert your existing 4D View documents.
- Explore a new flexible way to dynamically build forms fully adapted to your users’ needs.
All of this, and more awaits you!
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy