4D Write Pro has no default interface because it’s meant to be embedded in your application. Therefore, it needs to fit your user interface design and provide just the right amount of features for your use case(s). We decided to provide you an easy way to create your own interface with Standard Actions. Since starting from scratch is not always easy, we’ve made widgets available that you can use directly. Better yet, if you’re a partner, you can even customize them (i.e., remove features, change the order/organization of tabs, buttons, etc.)!
In this blog post, we’ll go through the interface possibilities offered by 4D Write Pro.
Have a spook-tacular Halloween, and a hauntingly good time hunting 4D-elightful treats!
4D lets you take full advantage of multi-core computers with preemptive processes. In a previous blog post, we’ve provided you with a list of enhanced commands that can be used in preemptive processes, enabling faster global execution time and more connected users. And in response to your feedback, we increased the list with even more commands.
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R3! Let’s take a look and see what this beta release includes:
- 4D for iOS: More features to customize your mobile applications, with data formatters, create your own templates, and the ability to add your own icons.
- 4D Write Pro: New commands for complex and beautifully designed documents.
- 4D View Pro: Import and export Microsoft Excel documents (.xlsx format).
- More thread-safe 4D commands for even more preemptive processes.
- Export your structure file in plain text for source control repositories.
- Write your own methods for objects.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R2 is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
- Access to a preview version of 4D for iOS and fire up your first project.
- A new 4D Write Pro toolbar designed to provide easy and immediate access to different actions.
- An enhanced user interface with new options in 4D View Pro.
- Preemptive SOAP Web Services for faster responses to simultaneous requests.
All of this and more awaits you!
We’re delighted to invite you to a preview of 4D’s upcoming new website. Let’s take a quick look and see what the new site has to offer … so far.
Preemptive processes are powerful since they allow your applications to take full advantage of multi-core computers; consequently, this results in faster global execution time and more connected users. With 4D v17, we went a step further by providing you 1,000+ thread-safe commands!
Watch the Preemptive multi-threading video from the 4D Summit 2018 Keynote. It features Add Komoncharoensiri, Director of Technical Services (4D USA), explaining how the preemptive support in 4D helps you take advantage of your multi-core machines, as well as the new concepts we shipped along the way to help you boost performance and efficiency.
4D v17 R2 beta is out and among the features and enhancements this R-release has to offer, 4D for iOS is at the top of the list. The product is available as a preview. If you’re still hesitant about whether or not to give it a try, wondering how to get started, and how far this version allows you to go … then keep reading!
You wanted a solution to extend your existing business applications to mobile devices, an intuitive solution, integrated in 4D, which doesn’t require specific expertise. A solution allowing you to break free from your desk and perform simple actions from anywhere.
Security and Data Protection is an incredibly important topic and yet it’s often overlooked until something goes wrong!
4D is secure, straight out of the box, thanks to the integration of the latest technologies and practices such as:
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy