A new step has been reached in 4D v16 R2 with the 64-bit Quick Report editor: the cross-table reports are now available!
As you probably already noticed, the new Quick report for 64-bit versions had been fully redesigned since v15 R3 to provide you and your end-user with a better user experience. After list reports which were available as the very first step, we are now moving forward and delivering cross-table reports.
It is now possible to:
- Open an existing cross-table report or create a new one
- Define the rows, columns and values to be displayed
- Customize the header and footer with a title
- Customize the cell (background & font) color
- Use an alternate cell color
- Define formulas for all rows and columns as sum, average, min, max, etc… in order to get the grand total
- Save your report
- Export your report to HTML or any text file format
- Print your report
4D is offering you full compatibility with the 32-bit reports as you can open a cross-table report created on a 32-bit platform with the 64-bit dialog. You can also open with the 32-bit editor a report created using the 64-bit editor.
To enhance the user experience, the field picker widget allows you to quickly find and select the fields you want to use for your report definition:
The following video shows you how easy it is to create a cross-table report with the 64-bit Quick Report editor!
For more details, please take a look at the related articles in the 4D v16 R2 documentation:
- Managing quick reports
- Adding columns and labels
- Graphic attributes of a quick report
- Sorting records and adding breaks
- Adding calculations