With 4D v16 R2 you can display a graphical horizontal ruler at the top of the 4D Write Pro area ! Thanks to this horizontal ruler, the text can be easily formatted.
Prior to the existence of this graphic ruler, tabulations could only be managed by programming or using the 4D Write Pro interface widget. From now (4D v16 R2 and above), when the ruler is displayed (this is optional) the final user will have the opportunity to manage margins and tabulations easily and graphically.
The horizontal ruler allows to :
- Setup the left and right margins of the document
- Setup the left and right margins of the paragraphs
- Setup the first indentation of the paragraphs
- Create different kind of tabulation: left, right, center, bars, decimal
- Move the tabulation marks
- Change the type of any tabulation mark
- Delete the tabulation mark
Take a look at the following video that shows you a quick example of how to use the 4D Write Pro ruler:
For more details, please refer to the 4D Write Pro related article, in the “Handling rulers” section.