As you probably know, scalable sessions have been available since 4D v18 R6. They’re a web session type that is able to handle several processes in preemptive mode. This means they can handle several user-agent requests simultaneously and share data between these processes.
Well, 4D v19 R7 greatly enhances this feature and makes it available to 4D for Mobile.
You can already compose views based on templates; dozens of them are at your disposal to beautify your mobile apps. 4D v19 R7 is spicing up things even more by enabling you to display a web page served by 4D using a new preset action: Open URL.
This means four things :
- You are now totally free to create your own designs
- The user experience remains seamless embedded in your native app
- Get updated data in real-time
- You can keep user data and offer an optimized user experience using sessions.
You only have to create a web page optimized for mobile devices.
Let’s see how to use it with a simple example:
To ensure that your application follows the latest design trends and that your users are blown away by a minimalistic, stylish, and great looking, we have updated the Material Design library.
With every release, the list of 4D for iOS and 4D for Android features is growing bigger. And this feature release is no exception. Without further ado, let’s see what 4D v19 R7 has in store for you:
WHAT’S IN IT?
- Sort the content of a list form for Android (already available in 4D for iOS)
- Update to Material Design 3 (for Android only)