Several formatters have been made available for formatting your data in the list or detail form. For example, a boolean field can be represented as a red or green circle. If you think this is very convenient, then you will love the new features in 4D v19 R5.
Let’s imagine an application with a list of our customers, if we need to go to their offices, it would be really handy to be able to tap on the customer’s address to open Google Maps. Unfortunately on the way, you are stuck in traffic. Don’t panic, just tap on the phone number, and you can choose to send a message or call directly to let them know. 🙂
Several other formatters are at your disposal, we let you discover them.
With every release, the list of 4D for iOS and 4D for Android features is growing bigger. And this feature release is no exception. Without further ado, let’s see what 4D v19 R5 has in store for you:
WHAT’S IN IT?
For 4D for Android and 4D for iOS Editor
- Goods news! The interface of the editor is fully compatible in dark and light modes.
For 4D for Android (already available in 4D for iOS):
- Turn your application into a barcode scanner to fill in a text input,
- Allow to sign directly in the application delivery, an intervention report, an estimate,
- Interact with different applications by touching a field on the screen:
- an address to automatically display a map showing the location,
- a phone number to call or add to contacts,
- a mail to open the mail app,
- a URL to open an URL in the default web browser.
- Create your own Kotlin formatters for your specific needs.