4D Write Pro documents can contain images from different sources and in various formats. These images may, in some cases, not be displayed for totally reasonable reasons — such as invalid URLs, formulas returning empty images, formats not supported by the platform, etc.
However, they are always represented by a small empty rectangle showing their theoretical location. If you want to change this behavior, 4D v19 R6 is shipped with a new view option enabling you to make empty images completely invisible.
You know it already; 4D View Pro allows you to easily load and display data in spreadsheets.
4D v19 R6 brings exciting news. This blog post will show you the new table feature that enables you to do much more and benefit from additional properties like headers, table resize, summary row, column sorting, filters, and more. You’ll also discover how to quickly load data from data classes and collections. And don’t miss out on the demo, which provides a complete example and some visual charts as a bonus.
As developers, we often create complex and advanced 4D Write Pro documents. We may generate tables that need to be filled from a data source, and we may not be sure of the exact rows and columns. Manually filling the tables with data every time is a laborious task. We heard you, and here is where data context comes as an invaluable option, opening the world of ORDA and object-oriented development to 4D Write Pro documents.
It is now possible to define a “datasource” for the tables of 4D Write Pro. Whether it is an entity selection or a collection, this “datasource” will automatically feed the rows of these tables.
Let’s delve into the details!
List boxes are powerful and very customizable form objects. And their power is extended with 4D v19 R6 thanks to two new properties: horizontal and vertical padding (the inner margins or the space between an element’s content and its border). They will give new presentation possibilities to your list boxes, and an even more professional appearance to your interface,
With every release, the list of 4D for iOS and 4D for Android features is growing bigger. And this feature release is no exception. Without further ado, let’s see what 4D v19 R6 has in store for you:
WHAT’S IN IT?
For 4D for Android and 4D for iOS Editor
- Aliases for scalar are now managed in your mobile applications.
For 4D for Android (already available in 4D for iOS):
- Good news. The management of offline actions is available,
- Possibility of not regenerating the data at each generation of the mobile application to save time.
We are pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v19 R6! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
Let’s take a look and discover what’s new in the 4D v19 R6 Beta:
- Horizontal and vertical padding for list boxes — so your interface can have an even more professional look.
- Developing concurrently on 4D Server in Project Mode — so you can adopt Project Mode without impacting your organization if you still work with binary mode.
- Define a “datasource” for the tables of 4D Write Pro — so the end-users of your application can design or modify templates that will be filled automatically with data.
- Native support for Microsoft 365 — so you can support Single Sign-On, and retrieve information for the authenticated user, to name a few possibilities.
- 4D for Mobile aliases — so you can retrieve values at several degrees of depth and display even more relevant information in your mobile app.
- Much more awaits you!
We’re pleased to announce that 4D v19 R5 is now available!
Besides the monthly Hot Fixes, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
- Enhanced printing capabilities and templates are just a glimpse of the 20+ new 4D View Pro features that await you.
- 4D Write Pro is now more capable than ever. Featuring table headers and linked paragraphs. Plus, contexts to simplify access to data and open the world of ORDA and object-oriented development to 4D Write Pro templates.
- As for the 4D language, we implemented one of the most voted features on the forum. You asked us for a lighter way to handle parameters, and we listened. Say hello to the Copy parameters command.
by Add Komoncharoensiri, Director of Technical Services at 4D Inc
Here we go with another set of tips and tricks.
As you know, 4D Knowledge Base is a library of information about the 4D technology where weekly tech tips and monthly technotes are actively published. If you missed the last tips on the KB, that’s fine; here is a compilation from the past few weeks.
This blog post covers 16 tips:
To stay competitive in the software industry, one should always seek innovation and build momentum for change.
In that spirit, 4D has always given you the right technology to grow and expand. Project mode is one example that comes with a tremendous benefit: the ability to use Git to get your 4D application up and running in a more productive development environment.
So we decided to create a 4D Awesome list, where we gather all the collective wisdom in one place to make 4D developers’ life a little easier.
If you’re a Git/GitHub user and have a fantastic project that you believe could help fellow developers, you might want to contribute to the 4D Awesome list, where awesome projects live!
This blog post explains the concept of an Awesome list and how you can contribute.
So by now, you know that projects come with a tremendous benefit: the ability to use Git (the revision control system) and GitHub (the hosting service) to get your 4D application up and running in a more productive development environment.
Newbie or full-fledged senior developer version control has been a staple in every work environment where multiple resources collaborate to participate in what could be called a software chain of production.
To help you get familiar with Git, we’ve made available many resources at your disposal. This blog post is a compilation of everything we’ve provided on this topic… so far. If you feel lost and don’t know where to start, keep reading; we’ve included:
- other blog posts,
- a detailed guide,
- a top-rated summit video,
- and even a training course.