Preemptive processes allow your applications to take full advantage of multi-core computers, resulting in faster responses to simultaneous requests. Beginning with 4D v17 R4, Begin SQL, End SQL, and the associated SQL statements used with an internal database are now preemptive compliant.
We know the importance of sending emails and common a task it has become in today’s applications. For example, imagine you’re in a business and you want to send an attractive email based on HTML with a few images or even a video, and attach a file to it (e.g., a purchase order or an invoice). And you want to do all of this with just a few lines of code. Code that is easy to write and understand. Well starting with 4D v17 R4, the previous scenario is now possible. That’s why we’ve enlarged the feature set related to emails.
Becoming more feature-rich with every R-release, 4D v17 R4 introduces the ability to export 4D Write Pro documents in .docx format!
Do you need to run complex calculations or exports on the client side? Use preemptive processes and start these actions without slowing down users and their daily work!
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R4! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
- Your processes can be run preemptively on 4D Remote which means taking full advantage of the power of multi-core computers.
- Exporting your documents in .docx format and a new vertical ruler to manage margins are just a sneak peek of the new 4D Write Pro features.
- Restricted queries, support of multi-criteria searches, and the possibility to create a custom data formatter are what 4D for iOS has to offer with this R-release.
- A new way to send emails is at your disposal. Easy and more powerful than the former way using 4D Internet Commands.
- Your formulas are more readable and easily accessible with 4D View Pro’s automatic completion thanks to named ranges and formulas.
- And much more (see below).
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy