I’m thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R3 is now available!
4D v18 R3 is one of the most jam-packed feature-releases ever delivered. It also marks the beginning of a very important step in the world of 4D programming with the addition of object-oriented programming.
To whet your appetite, here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
- The 4D language has taken a giant leap with the introduction of classes which allow you to write modular, reusable, and easily maintainable code.
- ORDA is brimming with new advances as well: for example, you don’t need to restart your database in order to have an up-to-date datastore when the structure is updated. Additionally, a single line of code is all you need to select rows for an entity selection.
- 4D Server’s monitoring set has been enhanced with an additional feature so you can get all operations executing beyond a specified time and other useful information.
- The development possibilities have been expanded even further with additional standard actions for the 4D Write Pro interface.
- 4D for iOS provides you 40+ ready-to-use templates. You only need a single click to download them directly from the project editor and get started making the perfect custom app for your needs.
- Run multiple web servers in a single 4D instance, take advantage of new method and components documentation, use an offscreen web area on a headless server, explore the advances we’ve brought to XPath, more options to customize 4D View Pro worksheets, this is all just a glimpse of what’s available in 4D v18 R3 for you.
Download 4D v18 R3 and discover the features shipping in this feature release.