We’re pleased to announce that 4D v19 R2 is now available!
Here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
- 4D for Android (our development platform for Android devices) is now final with 4D v19 R2.
- Speaking of mobile, new features for iOS and Android platforms are now available, allowing you to customize your app’s color, adapt it to dark or light mode, sort its local data, and more!
- 4D View Pro: Analyze data with pivot tables. Import and export CSV files. Manage your sheets by programming. Easily handle page breaks (for printing purposes) from the user interface.
- 4D Write Pro: More display options for inline and anchored pictures. We’ve also made it easier to format the images as background documents, sections, paragraphs, etc.
- More Object-Oriented programming features that will please your developers. Beyond the storage aspect, memory management and speed performance will be significantly enhanced with blob content for object attributes.
- Features that incorporate best practices such as defining a default .gitignore file and managing Byte Order Mark (BOM) and End of Line (EOL).
- Features that enhance your experience as a developer, such as getting access to the details of a class function from the code editor.
- Features that make the end-user experience smoother, such as automatic component signing on Mac.
- And if you’re a software publisher, you’ll be happy to know that we’ve added a feature that prevents the users of your application from seeing (and modifying) the contents of the 4DZ.