We’re thrilled to announce that 4D v18 R5 is now available!
This feature release includes many functionalities you asked for, starting with a CSS preview in the form editor, to the ability to have 4D View Pro in your native language … just to name a few!
Without further ado, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
- Preview the final CSS rendering in the form editor without running your dialog. A new button is available in the toolbar to view your form with or without the CSS applied (macOS or Windows).
- If you’re a fan of macros in the code editor, then we have some good news for you … because now macros are also available in the form editor!
- Write understandable, more readable code thanks to a coder-friendly syntax for class functions and methods. Instead of using $1, $2, and $n, give your variables an intuitive name!
- ORDA shareable entity selections make their debut appearance to respond to future use cases related to scalability and performance. Plus, you can define the scope and execution contexts for functions, for increased client/server optimization and an added level of security to your code!
- 4D View Pro in six languages! In addition to English, we’ve added support for French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese!
- As for 4D for iOS, deep linking is available and the data synchronization process has been optimized to give you up to 25 times faster data sync!
- And 4D Write Pro is shipping with many enhancements to help you build a UI that meets your customer requirements!