When printing, page break location is set by default, but you can adjust the print area by defining your own page breaks.
Starting with 4D v19 R2, to help your customers choose where they want to place their page breaks, 4D View Pro lets you add and remove page breaks manually, and also display the print preview lines.
Add or remove page breaks
There are two ways to set page breaks in 4D View Pro:
- by programming, using the VP SET COLUMN ATTRIBUTES command
- from the user interface, using the context menu:
Display or hide print lines
The print lines indicate where the pages break during printing:
The dotted lines are the page breaks calculated by SpreadJS, and the solid ones are the ones added by the user.
There are three ways to display or hide the print lines:
- by adding a page break (print lines are displayed automatically)
- by checking the option in the ribbon:
- by programming, with the VP SET SHOW PRINT LINES command
More new features on document printing will be coming soon. Stay tuned!