Components can now publish classes! And even better, if your application is still in binary mode, you can now benefit from classes and object-oriented development by using a component (in project mode) to create your own classes and use them from your (binary mode based) application.
With every release, the list of 4D for iOS and 4D for Android features is growing bigger. And this feature release is no exception. Without further ado, let’s see what 4D v19 R5 has in store for you:
WHAT’S IN IT?
For 4D for Android and 4D for iOS Editor
- Goods news! The interface of the editor is fully compatible in dark and light modes.
For 4D for Android (already available in 4D for iOS):
- Turn your application into a barcode scanner to fill in a text input,
- Allow to sign directly in the application delivery, an intervention report, an estimate,
- Interact with different applications by touching a field on the screen:
- an address to automatically display a map showing the location,
- a phone number to call or add to contacts,
- a mail to open the mail app,
- a URL to open an URL in the default web browser.
- Create your own Kotlin formatters for your specific needs.
4D v19 R5 comes with a new version of SpreadJS, v15, and a Ribbon update that is compatible with it. Let’s discover the new features offered by this new version that will help accelerate your 4D View Pro development.
4D offers several great avenues for keeping your business application secured. One of these avenues is to secure the data itself using 4D’s built-in encryption. To help you understand how encryption works under the hood, we are pleased to announce the release of the 4D Encryption Guide.
As our VP of Strategy, Thomas Maul said:
“Encryption is worth taking a few moments to understand how it works. And not only how to use it.”
And we couldn’t agree more because if we don’t understand it correctly, we’ll never use it to its fullest potential.
Whether you are:
- trying to gain a business advantage over your competitors
- dealing (you or your customers) with sensitive data or proprietary information, such as in the financial, healthcare, or legal industries
- just curious about the technology behind this feature
We highly recommend looking into the encryption solution offered by 4D.
We are pleased to announce that this is the last step for dark mode on macOS. The last widgets of the library are compatible with dark mode:
- 4D Write Pro Interface toolbar
- 4D Write Pro Interface Sidebar
- Rich text area
So starting with 4D v19 R4, the choice is yours, as you can completely develop and deploy using light or dark mode on macOS.
The Data section is available in the project editor, enabling you to filter the data to be embedded into mobile devices. With 4D v19 R4, this data section has been improved to better understand what will be included in your application.
There is a multitude of interfaces and rules to be respected. Often, these constraints are linked to the domains of activity. Obviously, some data can be entered or not by the user. For a field that is not enterable, there are two ways of managing the interface:
- users can still select and copy its content, for example to add it to a report
- users are not allowed to copy the field or select its content
When you create a document with 4D View Pro, you often need to fine-tune your user experience by hiding the sheet tabs and the scrollbars, or by deactivating the context menu or the drag and drop option… All these features and more are now possible thanks to the VP SET WORKBOOK OPTIONS command from the v19 R4.
As of now, you can use almost all types of attributes in your mobile projects: text, dates, time, integers… 4D v19 R4 is bringing another one.
Say hello to object attributes.
When it comes to customizing the code editor, everyone thinks of the font and colors of the code. But it is also possible to customize the code editor window and some interactions with the code. Everyone has their own preferences and ways of working.
Moreover, the most essential part of a code editor is the writing code area. With 4D v19 R4, we have redesigned the editor to highlight your code and give it as much space as possible.
This is precisely why 4D v19 R4 enables you to show or hide the ten clipboards. If you don’t use all ten clipboards, you can lighten the toolbar with the “Show clipboard” preference.