4D is moving forward to provide you with a full Altura-free Windows product line. This will allow us to internally use some modern technologies and make you benefit from it, such as support of Single Document Interface (SDI) windows for instance.
End of last year, we did a first announcement to share with you how we will proceed with the removal of Altura. With 4D v16 R2, we have delivered the Altura-free final version of 4D Developer Edition and 4D Volume Desktop Windows 64-bit. The last step is 4D Server, and this will happen in a near future. We are actually going to remove Altura library from 4D Server Windows 64 bits in a coming 4D v16 R-release.
I am pleased to announce that the beta testing of 4D v16 R3 starts today! So what are the new features available in 4D v16 R3 beta?
New perspectives using standard actions
Upgrade now and benefit from the power of 4D v16 R2. Rapidly create and deploy robust and beautifully designed applications that solve complex problems!
- Use the 4D Write Pro ruler to easily control the position of elements
- Query your object fields using criteria on array elements
- Use the highly professional feature – instant snapshots of 4D data with VMWare vSphere or Windows Server 2016 Snapshot Support
- Personalize the list box selection highlight color
- Use the new rendering engine for Web areas based on Blink from Google
- Use 4D entirely in 64-bit
We are pleased to announce that 4D v15.4 has successfully passed the macOS Sierra (10.12) certification process.
If your solutions are deployed on Windows server, you can now upgrade to Windows Server 2016 with confidence, 4D v15.4 being also certified for this new OS.
Upgrade to 4D v15.4 and benefit from the new software corrections and OS certifications. Thanks to this new release, you can run your applications on both mac OS 10.12 and Windows Server 2016 without any undocumented behaviour/change.
To download 4D v15.4, visit your 4D website today.
I am pleased to announce that the beta testing of 4D v16 R2 starts today!
4D v16 R2 delivers the final version of Altura-free 4D Developer Edition Windows 64-bit as well as great improvements, among other things, as listed below:
- Better integration into the enterprise with Virtual Machine Snapshots Support
- More control and higher flexibility for the developer: Cache Manager priority control, new programmatic possibilities for list boxes, search in array in objects using linked arguments,…
- Improved user experience: horizontal ruler in 4D Write Pro, cross table in Quick Report 64-bit editor as well as a revisited Find in Design dialog.
Thanks to its new features and advanced core technologies, 4D v16 enables you to create and run scalable, rapid, flexible and engaging applications, easily adaptable to changes in business needs. It helps you speed up development and cut complexity, so you can focus on your priorities and seize new opportunities. You can check the complete list of 4D new features. Some of the 4D v16 key advantages are summarized here after.
On the way to provide Windows 64-bit version of the 4D product line we reached a major milestone, an Altura-free version. Altura is a library to emulate MacOS functionality on Windows, which was used to help plug-in developers to provide their products on Windows.
Although internally 4D for the most part did not use Altura any longer for a while, it was still deeply integrated to provide the functionality for 3rd party plug-ins.
4D v15.3 was released last week and is Windows 10 ‘Anniversary Update’ certified.
On top of being Windows 10 ‘Anniversary Update’ certified, this maintenance release has the last OpenSSL library update embedded, to maintain a high level of security in 4D as well as in your application.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy