At the stroke of midnight, we wave goodbye to 2018 and head into an exciting and productive 2019. Here’s a video of the 4D teams wishing you all a very happy new year … from all over the world, in several different languages.
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R3! Let’s take a look and see what this beta release includes:
- 4D for iOS: More features to customize your mobile applications, with data formatters, create your own templates, and the ability to add your own icons.
- 4D Write Pro: New commands for complex and beautifully designed documents.
- 4D View Pro: Import and export Microsoft Excel documents (.xlsx format).
- More thread-safe 4D commands for even more preemptive processes.
- Export your structure file in plain text for source control repositories.
- Write your own methods for objects.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R2 is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for you:
- Access to a preview version of 4D for iOS and fire up your first project.
- A new 4D Write Pro toolbar designed to provide easy and immediate access to different actions.
- An enhanced user interface with new options in 4D View Pro.
- Preemptive SOAP Web Services for faster responses to simultaneous requests.
All of this and more awaits you!
We’re delighted to invite you to a preview of 4D’s upcoming new website. Let’s take a quick look and see what the new site has to offer … so far.
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R2! And without further ado, let’s take a look and discover what 4D v17 R2 BETA has in store for you:
- The wait is over. Check out this preview version of 4D for iOS and fire up your first mobile project.
- A new 4D Write Pro toolbar with multiple tabs to organize information and quickly switch between different actions.
- New options for an enhanced user interface in 4D View Pro.
- A preemptive SOAP Web Services Server and Client for faster responses to simultaneous requests.
We couldn’t be more thrilled to announce that the wait is over and 4D v17 is now available!
This groundbreaking release can open lots of options for your next 4D-based application. Though by no means exhaustive, here is a list of features to whet your appetite for this release:
We are pleased to announce the release candidate for 4D v17.
If you haven’t already downloaded it, it’s not too late! Now’s the time to run your applications on 4D v17, and take advantage of the many features this release has to offer.
Taking effect on May 25, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) imposes new privacy restrictions governing the collection and use of personal data of European Union (EU) citizens.
And as a first step to help you get more insight into the GDPR law, we’re pleased to announce the first part of a GDPR dedicated guide: General Data Protection Regulation and 4D.
4D Summit 2018 which took place in Paris and Washington DC recently, was filled with huge product announcements and a plethora of exciting sessions. It was a great experience for everyone who was able to attend! More than 450 attendees were on site to witness a lot of incredible revelations.
In this blog post, we’ll recap the highlights from this year’s 4D Summit.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17! This major release is chock-full of enhancements and new features that one blog post is not enough to cover them!
With that being said, 4D v17 Beta introduces more than +60 advances including improvements to existing functionalities as well as new ones. And if you’re eager to see 4D v17 Beta in action, check out this extensive library of examples (HDIs) to have an overall idea on this release full potential.
So, let’s take a look and discover some of what 4D v17 Beta has in store for you:
- ORDA: a revolutionary concept, making it possible to use your database in an object-oriented approach.
- 4D language: major enhancements to help you boost your productivity with fewer lines of code.
- 4D Write Pro: to create complex business documents.
- Security: the highest security level off the shelf for 4D products.
- 4D View Pro: to display advanced lists and create spreadsheets.
- 4D commands: More 4D commands to enlarge your programming capabilities.
- Flexible tools: to help you design an immersive User Experience.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy