4D v17 R6, the latest R-release of one of 4D’s most groundbreaking major releases, is now available!
Here’s a sneak peek of what this R-release has to offer:
- Increased interactivity with your 4D for iOS apps thanks to the ability to create, edit and delete your app content using parameters.
- Advanced debugging capabilities at your disposal, such as the ability to retrieve the current execution call chain and a powerful new tool to analyze debug logs.
- Even more ORDA methods to build more sophisticated search criteria and optimize your coding.
- New functionalities have been added to the ever-growing list of 4D View Pro features: from customizing styles, to using collections to read and write values and formulas.
This list is far from exhaustive, see all the blog posts for 4D v17 R6!
When it comes to major product releases, 4D pays close attention to the color of the logo for each one. Since 4D v18, one of 4D’s most revolutionary releases is just around the corner, we’ve decided to reveal the story behind the choices made not only for the logo color but also for modifications to the shape of the icons! Here’s everything you need to know about 4D v18’s logo color, as told by creative designer: Julien Banon.
Less than a month to go before one of 4D’s most sensational releases goes beta! 4D v18, a major product release bursting with upgrades, enhancements, and exciting new features to make your coding a breeze.
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R6! Without further ado, let’s take a look and see what this R-release has in store for you:
- 4D for iOS apps are taken to new heights thanks to the ability to manage and edit your app content using parameters.
- Advanced programming capabilities at your disposal: from the ability to retrieve the current execution call chain, to a powerful new tool to analyze debug logs – just to name a few.
- Sophisticated search criteria and optimized coding with new ORDA advances.
- Style customization, the use of collections to read and write values and formulas, along with more control over your methods are the new functionalities added to the ever-growing list of 4D View Pro features.
- The beta tests for 4D Projects continue with 4D v17 R6, making it possible for you to take full advantage of a source control system.
4D v17 R5, one of the most feature-rich R-releases ever delivered, is now available!
Since we can’t list all of the nearly 30 features in a single blog post, here’s an overview of what this thrilling R-release has to offer:
- A built-in solution to encrypt your customer’s data at the table level! So easy to use and so transparent, that there’s no need to change your code.
- If you have an existing code or need to access external records via ODBC, reading 4D object fields is now possible.
- Set tasks with actions, and have your app content up-to-date in a snap with some of the new 4D for iOS features.
- With links to 4D methods, along with the simplification and flexibility of multiple commands, 4D Write Pro has taken things a step further.
- A powerful ribbon-based toolbar for 4D View Pro is available for quick access to different commands.
- ORDA has its share of features, including the possibility to write generic code and optimized performance in client/server mode.
- There’s no more need for special configuration if you need to run multiple clients connected to the same database on a single computer. Things have gotten a lot easier, just run the clients and it’ll work!
We’ve only scratched the surface of what this R-release has in store for you. See all blog posts for 4D v17 R5!
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R5.
4D v17 R5 is one of the most feature-rich R-releases ever delivered, and we couldn’t be happier to share all the advances we’ve added to the ever-growing list of 4D features:
- New built-in data encryption for your 4D databases is available, adding another level of security that is completely transparent, safe, and fast.
- Actions, incremental data synchronization, and N to one relations are now available for 4D for iOS.
- The SQL engine has been updated to allow reading 4D objects.
- More email features: Logging SMTP conversations, custom mail headers, and legacy charset support are ready and waiting for you.
- Additional advances in the 4D language and ORDA for better readability, efficient code maintenance, and optimized performance.
- In addition to commands being extended or renamed, you can also invoke a method from your 4D application, thanks to the power of 4D Write Pro.
- A powerful new ribbon-style toolbar to enhance the 4D View Pro user interface is at your disposal.
- And much more (see below).
We’re pleased to announce that 4D v17 R4 is now available!
Here’s an overview of what this R-release has in store for you:
- Take full advantage of your multi-core computers with: preemptive processes on the client, and Begin SQL/ End SQL command that is now preemptive-compliant.
- Exporting your documents in .docx format and graphically managing vertical margins thanks to a vertical ruler are just a part of the new 4D Write Pro features.
- Make use of restricted queries, multi-criteria search, and the ability to create custom data formatters in your 4D for iOS application.
- Discover the new way of sending emails in 4D. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the simplicity and power.
- Explore the additional commands we’re shipping to programmatically handle your 4D View Pro documents.
All of this and more awaits you!
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R4! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
- Your processes can be run preemptively on 4D Remote which means taking full advantage of the power of multi-core computers.
- Exporting your documents in .docx format and a new vertical ruler to manage margins are just a sneak peek of the new 4D Write Pro features.
- Restricted queries, support of multi-criteria searches, and the possibility to create a custom data formatter are what 4D for iOS has to offer with this R-release.
- A new way to send emails is at your disposal. Easy and more powerful than the former way using 4D Internet Commands.
- Your formulas are more readable and easily accessible with 4D View Pro’s automatic completion thanks to named ranges and formulas.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R3 is now available!
To whet your appetite, here’s an overview of what this R-release has to offer:
- Create your own object methods and move one step closer towards classes in the 4D language.
- More 4D for iOS features for a customized mobile application with data formatters, personalized templates, and the ability to add your own icons.
- The ability to export the .4DB file into multiple text files as a first step towards full source control support – coming in a future release.
- 4D Write Pro is getting more feature-rich with new commands and attributes to create complex and beautiful documents.
- Import and export Microsoft Excel documents (.xlsx format) with 4D View Pro.
All of this and more awaits you!
It’s that time of the year where we take a look back at ten of our most-read posts. What a year it’s been! From ORDA to help you write code in an object-oriented mode, to 4D for iOS to extend your existing business applications to mobile devices, and much more. 2018 was filled with huge product announcements and a plethora of exciting features! Let’s take a look at the topics that grabbed your attention in 2018:
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy