Imagine you have a list of formulas containing table names and some fields … then days later you decide to rename your tables. Now your formulas are no longer valid, which is totally understandable!
Well, good news: the new Parse formula command allows your formulas to remain valid when renaming 4D language or structure elements.
A new system variable is available to get the offending 4D code that generates an error. With 4D v15 R4 whenever an error is raised you have a means to get the offending code in addition to getting the error code, as well as the method and line where the error occurred.
When a 4D Write Pro document is in edit mode, it’s often helpful to know if it has actually been modified by the end user. Based on this information, actions or interfaces can be adjusted to be more user-friendly.
Starting with 4D v19 R7, this is now easier than ever.
With every release, the 4D View Pro features list is growing. And this feature release is no exception:4D v19 R7 comes with a new version of SpreadJS, the v15.2, and a Ribbon update that is compatible with it.
Let’s discover the new features offered by this new version.
There are the Seven Wonders of the World. The seven dwarfs. Seven colors in the rainbow. Seven notes on a musical scale. And may the seventh release of v19 bring the charm of this number to your 4D application ✨
Let’s discover what 4D v19 R7 Beta has in store for you:
- Take your documents from good to great with the new 4D Write Pro updates, including a user-friendly display of formulas, document modification detection, and “subtotal” lines.
- Manipulate data in real-time, and channel the artist within, thanks to the possibility of displaying web pages in your 4D for Mobile apps.
- Gain time and disk space with the ability to download Local Resources to a shared folder with Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Manage your table columns & rows more efficiently with 4D View Pro’s new set of commands— when combined with data contexts, designing even advanced templates becomes a breeze.
- And much more awaits you with a feature release that goes all out!
Whatever your business, you must create listings, inventories, tracking sheets, product sheets, invoices, and many other documents. These documents are usually printed or saved in PDF for archiving.
4D Write Pro is the ideal tool to create all your documents. Here is a list of several features available in 4D Write Pro that can help you make beautiful documents for printing:
- page layout and margin management for printing,
- pdf export,
- document protection,
- table creation,
- table formatting with repeated headers,
- definition of a data context,
- inserting ORDA formulas in a table (new in 4D v19 R6).
Using these different features, here are some examples of documents produced.
The days of defining business-related formulas in your 4D user interface are over; these concepts offer you a new way to separate your business logic from the UI, enabling you to improve performance by optimizing the parts separately.
And now, with 4D v19 R6, aliases are fully available and ready to use for scalars in your iOS and Android mobile projects as soon your aliases are defined on the 4D side.
4D Write Pro documents can contain images from different sources and in various formats. These images may, in some cases, not be displayed for totally reasonable reasons — such as invalid URLs, formulas returning empty images, formats not supported by the platform, etc.
However, they are always represented by a small empty rectangle showing their theoretical location. If you want to change this behavior, 4D v19 R6 is shipped with a new view option enabling you to make empty images completely invisible.
As developers, we often create complex and advanced 4D Write Pro documents. We may generate tables that need to be filled from a data source, and we may not be sure of the exact rows and columns. Manually filling the tables with data every time is a laborious task. We heard you, and here is where data context comes as an invaluable option, opening the world of ORDA and object-oriented development to 4D Write Pro documents.
It is now possible to define a “datasource” for the tables of 4D Write Pro. Whether it is an entity selection or a collection, this “datasource” will automatically feed the rows of these tables.
Let’s delve into the details!
We are pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v19 R6! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
Let’s take a look and discover what’s new in the 4D v19 R6 Beta:
- Horizontal and vertical padding for list boxes — so your interface can have an even more professional look.
- Developing concurrently on 4D Server in Project Mode — so you can adopt Project Mode without impacting your organization if you still work with binary mode.
- Define a “datasource” for the tables of 4D Write Pro — so the end-users of your application can design or modify templates that will be filled automatically with data.
- Native support for Microsoft 365 — so you can support Single Sign-On, and retrieve information for the authenticated user, to name a few possibilities.
- 4D for Mobile aliases — so you can retrieve values at several degrees of depth and display even more relevant information in your mobile app.
- Much more awaits you!