Share Local Resources Between Users with Windows Remote Desktop Services
This new feature improves the local resources management of 4D Client merged applications executed with Windows Remote Desktop Services. Lets’ see how.
Visualise your Classes Component in the Method Explorer
From the 4D v19 R5, components can publish their classes. This feature came with tips and code completion support to smooth your code writing.
To make your coding experience even easier, 4D v19 R7 is bringing a new feature: say hello to the support of classes in the method explorer.
4D Write Pro: Carry Over Rows are Available!
Using tables in 4D Write Pro documents is more frequent, especially since it is possible to associate a datasource to them, which automatically feeds their rows!
As the number of rows gets more prominent, it is common for these tables to be automatically split into several parts to allow for a page or column break. In this situation, it is sometimes convenient to insert (automatically!) a “subtotal” line at the bottom of each part of the respective tables. Yes, that’s right, this is possible in 4D v19 R7 ?
Files, Folders… and now File Handles!
The File and Folder commands, which appeared in 4D v17 R5, enable you to manage folders and files on disk in a modern and efficient way.
When it comes to writing and reading, the setText and getText functions are at your disposal to read or write the entire content. But what to do if you want to read or add one or more lines to an existing document? This can be done more efficiently than ever using the new “file handles” objects in 4D v19 R7.
Keep reading for details!
4D View Pro: New in 4D v19 R7
With every release, the 4D View Pro features list is growing. And this feature release is no exception:4D v19 R7 comes with a new version of SpreadJS, the v15.2, and a Ribbon update that is compatible with it.
Let’s discover the new features offered by this new version.
4D for Mobile: What’s New in 4D v19 R7
With every release, the list of 4D for iOS and 4D for Android features is growing bigger. And this feature release is no exception. Without further ado, let’s see what 4D v19 R7 has in store for you:
WHAT’S IN IT?
- Sort the content of a list form for Android (already available in 4D for iOS)
- Update to Material Design 3 (for Android only)
4D v19 R7 Beta Starts Today
There are the Seven Wonders of the World. The seven dwarfs. Seven colors in the rainbow. Seven notes on a musical scale. And may the seventh release of v19 bring the charm of this number to your 4D application ✨
Let’s discover what 4D v19 R7 Beta has in store for you:
- Take your documents from good to great with the new 4D Write Pro updates, including a user-friendly display of formulas, document modification detection, and “subtotal” lines.
- Manipulate data in real-time, and channel the artist within, thanks to the possibility of displaying web pages in your 4D for Mobile apps.
- Gain time and disk space with the ability to download Local Resources to a shared folder with Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Manage your table columns & rows more efficiently with 4D View Pro’s new set of commands— when combined with data contexts, designing even advanced templates becomes a breeze.
- And much more awaits you with a feature release that goes all out!
Download 4D v19 R7 now (Exclusive to 4D Partners)
4D v19 R6 is Here
We’re pleased to announce that 4D v19 R6 is now available!
To whet your appetite, here’s an overview of what this feature release has in store for you:
Download 4D v19 R6 (monthly Hot Fixes available)
- Horizontal and vertical padding for list boxes — so you can improve your UI visual organization, increase readability, and give it a more professional look.
- Language Server Protocol (LSP) support — so you can use external source code editors to handle 4D code and take advantage of functionalities such as syntax highlighting, syntax help, go to definition, and more.
- Developing concurrently on 4D Server in Project Mode — so you can adopt Project Mode without impacting your organization if you still work with binary mode. And take advantage of powerful features such as Classes, Computed attributes, Silicon compilation, CSS forms, and source control systems.
- Define a “datasource” for the 4D Write Pro tables — so the end-users of your application can design or modify templates that will be filled automatically with data.
Tips & Tricks for your 4D Apps – September Edition
by Add Komoncharoensiri, Director of Technical Services at 4D Inc
Here we go with another set of tips and tricks.
As you know, 4D Knowledge Base is a library of information about 4D technology where weekly tech tips and monthly tech notes are actively published. If you missed the last tips on the KB, that’s fine; here is a compilation from the past few weeks.
This blog post covers 16 tips:
Setting up code syntax highlighting using the Visual Studio Code extension
We recently talked about our new Visual Studio Code extension allowing VS Code to communicate with 4D for code management. The syntax highlighting was the first Language Server Protocol feature in 4D v19 R6. Let’s see how to customize your source code rendering.
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy