We’re pleased to announce that a new feature has been added to 4D Write Pro. In page mode, a vertical ruler can be displayed on the left side of the page! This lets you graphically manage the vertical margins. And if your document contains headers or footers, the spaces between them and the body of your document can be modified easily thanks to this ruler.
The ability to interact with a document via programming is an important part of using 4D View Pro. Now you can fill your documents by programming. You can set data as labels, database fields, or formulas in your document. Of course, if you can set, you can get too! You can also retrieve cell formulas or values entered by your users.
4D v17 R4 brings new features to 4D View Pro and one of them is the creation of ranges with code.
First, you need to define a range object to manipulate your cells by programming. You can do this in 4D View Pro with the following new commands: VP Cell, VP Cells, VP Column, VP Row, VP All and VP Combine ranges.
Preemptive processes allow your applications to take full advantage of multi-core computers, resulting in faster responses to simultaneous requests. Beginning with 4D v17 R4, Begin SQL, End SQL, and the associated SQL statements used with an internal database are now preemptive compliant.
We know the importance of sending emails and common a task it has become in today’s applications. For example, imagine you’re in a business and you want to send an attractive email based on HTML with a few images or even a video, and attach a file to it (e.g., a purchase order or an invoice). And you want to do all of this with just a few lines of code. Code that is easy to write and understand. Well starting with 4D v17 R4, the previous scenario is now possible. That’s why we’ve enlarged the feature set related to emails.
Becoming more feature-rich with every R-release, 4D v17 R4 introduces the ability to export 4D Write Pro documents in .docx format!
Do you need to run complex calculations or exports on the client side? Use preemptive processes and start these actions without slowing down users and their daily work!
We’re pleased to announce the launch of beta testing for 4D v17 R4! This release is loaded with enhancements and new features that you won’t want to miss!
- Your processes can be run preemptively on 4D Remote which means taking full advantage of the power of multi-core computers.
- Exporting your documents in .docx format and a new vertical ruler to manage margins are just a sneak peek of the new 4D Write Pro features.
- Restricted queries, support of multi-criteria searches, and the possibility to create a custom data formatter are what 4D for iOS has to offer with this R-release.
- A new way to send emails is at your disposal. Easy and more powerful than the former way using 4D Internet Commands.
- Your formulas are more readable and easily accessible with 4D View Pro’s automatic completion thanks to named ranges and formulas.
- And much more (see below).
4D v17 R3 is now available!
To whet your appetite, here’s an overview of what this R-release has to offer:
- Create your own object methods and move one step closer towards classes in the 4D language.
- More 4D for iOS features for a customized mobile application with data formatters, personalized templates, and the ability to add your own icons.
- The ability to export the .4DB file into multiple text files as a first step towards full source control support – coming in a future release.
- 4D Write Pro is getting more feature-rich with new commands and attributes to create complex and beautiful documents.
- Import and export Microsoft Excel documents (.xlsx format) with 4D View Pro.
All of this and more awaits you!
Got a question, suggestion or just want to get in touch with the 4D bloggers? Drop us a line!
* Your privacy is very important to us. Please click here to view our Policy